We’re already tired looking at what Richmond has lined up for us this weekend. But it’s a good tired, ya know?
Photo by: TheodoreWLee
Join fellow bike-lovers of all ages for a “slow roll” from Bellevue to the Pedal & Gears Bike Fest in Lakeside. Free pre-ride bike checks and adjustments will be provided–and free bike valet should you and yours want to enjoy some breakfast along MacArthur Avenue! The ride is about 2.5 miles each way, and the group will stick to neighborhood roads as much as possible. Everyone will leave together at 9:30 AM and be back in Bellevue by noon.
- Saturday, April 30th • 9:00 AM (depart at 9:30 AM)
- Once Upon A Vine (pre-ride meet-up location), 4009 MacArthur Avenue
The Bon Air Library kicks off its week-long celebration of the Victorian era–a time when Bon Air served “as a popular community gathering spot and place to have tea”–with an ice cream social, live music, children’s crafts, and a performance of “American Girl: Samantha1” from the Chesterfield Children’s Theatre.
- Saturday, April 30th • 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Bon Air Library, 9103 Rattlesnake Road
The Science Museum of Virginia celebrates the 100-year anniversary of the National Parks Service by welcoming this beautiful–and Robert Redford-narrated2–film to rotation at the Dome.
Just this two-minute trailer will leave you feeling weepy; imagine what the full, 45-minute feature will do to you.
- Opens Saturday, April 30th • see website for showtimes
- Science Museum of Virginia, 2500 W. Broad Street
- $9 for Dome only ($5 for members); see website for additional admission options
Watching this classic piece of American cinema with fellow fans, all to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society? Inconceivable!
- Saturday, April 30th • 1:30 PM
- Byrd Theatre, 2908 W. Cary Street
- $8 in advance (available at Chop Suey Books); $10 at the door
I don’t know what a “yard goat” is, but I do know that the first 1,500 kids ages 14 under will get a free Squirrels sweatband. Also: if you ride your bike to the game, well, you might just win yourself a prize. Kids get to run the bases when the game is over–and since this is an early afternoon game, they probably won’t be too sleepy/out of their damn minds to do it!
- Sunday, May 1st • 12:05 PM
- The Diamond, 3001 N. Boulevard