This week: savings *and* chance to coupon for a good cause! Plus, citizens, ice cream is on sale! Rejoice! Rejoice!
One of my favorite benefits to “couponing” is being able to GIVE more than I would otherwise – like competing in charity challenges with fellow frugal bloggers we’ve collected $1,346.60 worth of items to donate for only $147.29.
At Kroger currently, there is an opportunity to collect dog food at a significant discount. If you don’t have dogs, local pet rescues would certainly appreciate the donations! For instance, the Richmond SPCA maintains a Pet Pantry to help households who need short-term assistance with the cost of feeding their pets. Donations are collected at area Petco stores.
As part of Kroger’s March to Savings mega event this week and next, Pedigree canned dog food (13.2-22oz) is $.49/can when purchasing 10 participating March to Savings event items. Regular price is $1.05/can. Use the “Buy 1, get 1 free” coupon from the 3/6 RedPlum coupon insert to get 2 cans for FREE – The register will deduct $.99 for the free can because it doesn’t take into account the additional $.50 per item mega event savings. Alternatively, you can print a Coupons.com coupon for “Buy 2, get 1 free,” which would allow you to get 3 cans for $.49 total.
Likewise, 3.5lb bags of Pedigree dry dog food are $3.99 each when purchasing any 10 participating items. The 3/6 RedPlum insert had a coupon for $3 off, making the final price just $.99.
So with my newspaper coupons, printed coupons, and a Kroger e-coupon for dry dog food (no longer available), I’ll be collecting $19.38 value in dog food for $2.96.
Kroger’s Mega Event this week and next is called “March to Savings” – save an extra $5 at checkout when you purchase any combination of 10 participating items. Participating item prices listed below include the additional $.50 per item savings.
Meat Top Pick
- Corned beef brisket point cut $1.49/lb at MARTIN’S
Veggie Top Pick
- Green cabbage $.39/lb at Kroger and MARTIN’S
Fruit Top Pick
- Peaches or nectarines $1.69/lb at Kroger
Refrigerated Top Pick
- Philadelphia Cooking Creme $1.99 at Kroger when purchasing 10 participating March to Savings event items.
Use $1.50 coupon in the 3/6 SmartSource insert to get it for $.49 (I’m not totally sure what this is or what it’s for, but makes for a much more reasonable experiment at $.50 a tub!)
Staples Top Picks
- Boxes of Ronzoni Healthy Harvest or Smart Taste pasta $.49 at Kroger when purchasing 10 participating March to Savings items.
Use “$1 off 2” coupons from the 1/23 SmartSource insert, or register with Ronzoni to print coupons, to get boxes for FREE. Another great pasta deal is Annie’s natural macaroni and cheese for $.49 with March to Savings extra discount.
Snacks & Sweets Top Pick
- Breyer’s ice cream $2.50 at MARTIN’S.
Breyer’s is also one of the frozen items included in this week’s MARTIN’S promotion “Save $10 on your next order when you purchase $25 of participating items.” Other products include Stouffer’s ($2), Freschetta pizza ($5), Klondike bars ($3) and Dole frozen strawberries ($2.79)
Beverage Top Pick
- Vitaminwater, Smartwater, Fuze or Powerade $.49 at Kroger when purchasing 10 participating March to Savings items.
Household Top Pick
- Pedigree dog food – see above
- Prices valid 3/13-3/19: Kroger, Ukrop’s, Target, Walgreen’s, CVS, MARTIN’S
- Prices valid 3/16-3/22: Tom Leonard’s, Whole Foods, Fresh Market
- Prices valid for March: Ellwood Thompson’s
Report an error
Subscribe to our
There are no reader comments. Add yours.