This weekend is a sales tax holiday in Virginia! Quick, go buy all the school supplies and clothing/footwear that you need. Note: rubber pants are eligible. In other news, tomatos are on sale!
Editor’s note: Also, guys, this weekend is a sales tax holiday in Virginia. School supplies under $20 and clothing/footwear under $100 are eligible. The list of eligible clothing is pretty bizarre–a sampling: neckties, rubber pants, insoles, fur coats, children & adult diapers, lingerie, choir/altar clothing, and corset laces.
Get more information over at the Department of Taxation.
— ∮∮∮ —
As part of Kroger’s current Cartbuster sale, check online each day now through August 16 for the “Deal of the Day”, usually an e-coupon for a free item that can be loaded to your Plus card. Only a limited number are available and they go fast.
Meat Top Pick
- Wholesome@Home Rotisserie Chicken $3.99 at Kroger
Veggie Top Pick
- Hanover tomatoes $.89/lb at Kroger
Fruit Top Pick
- Red or black plums $1.39/lb at Kroger
Refrigerated Top Pick
- Shedd’s Spread Country Crock $1.89 at MARTIN’S.
Use the $0.40 coupon from the 7/31 RedPlum.
Staples Top Picks
- Skippy Peanut Butter $2 at MARTIN’S.
Use $0.75 coupon from the 7/31 RedPlum to get it for $1
Snacks & Sweets Top Pick
- Splenda Essentials (Splenda packets with B vitamins, antioxidants or fiber added) $3.49 at MARTIN’S and $3 at Food Lion.
Use the $3 coupon from Sunday’s SmartSource coupon insert to get it for cheap or free.
Beverage Top Pick
- Coca-Cola Fridge Pack or 8-Pack “4 for $11” at MARTIN’S
Must buy 4, lesser quantities $3.99 each.
Household Top Pick
- Tide detergent (24-40 loads) $4.99 each when you buy 2 at Kroger
$5.99 each when purchasing one. Available coupons: $1 off from 7/31 P&G coupon insert, $2 off Tide Powder from 7/17 Smartsource.
Report an error
Subscribe to our
There are 4 reader comments. Read them.