Man, last weekend was insane — was it not? Well, prepare yourself for this weekend ranks up there on the ol’ “How Totally Insane is this Weekend Chart.” Two words: Go Nutz.
Can you fathom a better combination than mollusks and mensware? I dare you to try.
Join CenterStage and Ledbury — local superdelux shirtmakers — as they celebrate the launch of the spring collection with Rappahannock River oysters.
- Saturday, April 9th • 2pm – 6pm
- Havana 59 (16 N. 17th Street)
- Free! • RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
The newly buried corpse of VCU’s historic 2011 basketball season has yet begun to rot, and here we are talking about football. What gives! Well, this is your first and last taste of Richmond football until fall practice starts, so pack up the family, and bring your red and blue.
Pro tip: spring football games are just about the best way to introduce your little ones to the sport. It’s free and only lasts a couple of hours!
- Saturday, April 9th • 1pm
- Robins Stadium
Now in its third year, RVAJazzfest unapologetically brings national jazz talent to Richmond for a slammerjammer of a good time. This year features Harris Eisenstadt and Canada Day, Scott Clark 4tet, and Old New Things.
- Saturday, April 9th • 8pm
- The Camel (1621 W. Broad Street)
- $15 in advance, $20 at the door, $12 students • buy tickets online
The Flying Squirrels opening day is today! The first funn pitch is at 7.05pm against the New Britain Rock Cats. If you can’t work going nutz into your schedule tonight, worry not! This home series continues until Wednseday.
- Thursday — Wednesday • times vary
- The Diamond
- Tickets start at $7
OK, film buffs and aficionados it is time for the 18th Annual James River Film Festival. If my calculations are correct you can watch 25 hours of movies starting this Friday. They’ve got silent movies, classics, and even a Spanish Dracula. Why, that’s something for even the Spaniard vampire hunter in your life.
- Thursday – Wednesday • times vary
- Check out their website for a full listing of times, locations, and prices