Let’s get some rockets’ red glare up in this piece, RVA!
Celebrate the fourth year of Fireworks on the James sponsored by Dominion and MeadWestvaco. Food vendors and entertainment provided by the Richmond Symphony Youth Orchestra, Latin Ballet of Virginia, and the Richmond Ballet’s “Minds in Motion.” No alcohol, pets, glass, or metal containers are allowed.
Due to weather, RVA Fireworks on the James has been postponed until Saturday, July 5th.
Due to the likelihood of heavy rain and severe lightning for Thursday evening, RVA Fireworks on the James is rescheduled to Saturday, July 5. The RVA Fireworks on the James annual event, which takes place on Brown’s Island, originally had been scheduled to take place Thursday, July 3.
Food vendors will be on-site for the July 5 fireworks show by 6:00 pm. Fireworks, produced by Grucci, will start at approximately 9:15 pm. We invite the public to come to Brown’s Island on Saturday, July 5 for an evening of fireworks, food and fun. The pre-fireworks entertainment that had been scheduled for July 3 will not take place as part of the July 5 rescheduled event.
- July 5th • 6:00 PM festivities begin, 9:15 PM fireworks start
- Brown’s Island (viewable from many locations downtown)
Music provided by the Heritage of America Band with the 8th annual fireworks display to follow. Face painting, balloons, food vendors, giveaways, and more with plenty of parking available.
- July 3rd • 6:30 PM
- Genworth Financial’s World Headquarters, 6620 W. Broad Street
The afternoon begins with a free concert by Bak N Da Day, a Carillon Bell Concert, and the Richmond Concert Band for a mix of patriotism, pop, and jazz before the fireworks.
- July 4th • 5:15 PM
- Dogwood Dell, 700 Blanton Avenue
- July 4th • 9:00 – 10:00 PM
- Goochland County Administration, Goochland Elementary, and Middle & High School Complex • Goochland, VA
Fireworks every night through the summer for 10:00 PM closes; shows start at 9:45 PM.
- May 24th – August 31st
- King’s Dominion, 16000 Theme Park Way – Doswell, VA
- Cost of admission: $49.00 – $64.00
- July 4th and 5th
- King’s Dominion, 16000 Theme Park Way • Doswell, VA
- FREE Admission to active, inactive, or retired military personnel with ID with an extended 15-minute fireworks show on July 4th.
Watch the Squirrels take on the Fightin Phils in a double header on July 4th, and then again on July 5th. End both nights with a Firework Extravaganza during the Squirrels Independence Day Celebration.
- July 4th & 5th • games start between 5:05 PM and 6:05 PM, respectively
- The Diamond, 3001 N. Boulevard
- $7 – $11
- July 4th • 5:00 – 10:00 PM
- Chesterfield County Fairgrounds at 10300 Courthouse Road • Chesterfield, VA
Viewing available off I-95 Exit 53 or 54 in the Southgate Square/Wal-Mart area.
- July 4th • 9:15 PM
- Charles Dimmock Parkway • Colonial Heights, VA
Live performances, music, and special effects every night
- July 3rd – August 10th • Fireworks at 9:30: PM
- Busch Gardens – Williamsburg, VA
- $72.00 adult, $62.00 child
— ∮∮∮ —
Need to know everything that’s going on Richmond? We’ve got a bunch of different email newsletters to keep you in the know!
— ∮∮∮ —
photo by Eli Christman