Unfortunately, the economy has deemed that Nostalgiafest is not to be this year, but please join us in Old Towne Petersburg for this one-day event which is sure to be fun for the entire family with a fall, harvest theme. Beginning with the Farmers Market—a Saturday tradition which kicks-off at 7am—and continuing throughout the […]
Unfortunately, the economy has deemed that Nostalgiafest is not to be this year, but please join us in Old Towne Petersburg for this one-day event which is sure to be fun for the entire family with a fall, harvest theme.
Beginning with the Farmers Market—a Saturday tradition which kicks-off at 7am—and continuing throughout the day, until 6:30, it will be a day packed with non-stop activities and excitement including:
– Kidz Zone with entertainment for children of all ages including a petting zoo and stage performances by: Bob & Judy—Puppeteers, Julian Pittman—Illusionist, and Signora Bella—Equilibrist. The Petersburg Department of Parks and Recreation, the Petersburg Public Library, the Friends of the Lower Appomattox (FOLAR), the City’s Dogwood Trace Golf Course, and many area merchants.
– Exhibits by community artists representing the Petersburg Area Art League and the Petersburg Regional Art Center.
– Historical walking tours will be available throughout the historic Old Towne district.
– Traditional festival food will be provided by local vendors.
– There will be a Chili Throw-Down hosted by Petersburg-area non-profit organizations.
– Music for the day begins with folk music performed by “Sonny Bevins and Friends” at the Farmers Market at 7am, and throughout the day on the main stage with local talent represented by: The Fort Lee Jazz Band and musical performances by Virginia State University, Petersburg High School and the Appomattox Regional Governor’s School in addition to Baby Huey & the Babysitters, The Top’s Band, and The Indigenous Gourd Orchestra.
– Virginia State University’s School of Agriculture will offer educational and entertaining programs including the Aquaculture Program and other state-of-the art ventures.
The Fall Family Festival all takes place in the heart of Old Towne Petersburg surrounding the Farmers Market building. This is a FREE event, held rain or shine. For more information, contact the Petersburg Department of Tourism at (804) 733-2402 or visit the Festival website at www.fallfestival.art.officelive.com