The Partnership for Smarter Growth, a non-profit organization located at 2319 East Broad Street, whose mission is “to educate and engage the communities in the Richmond region to work together to improve quality of life by guiding where and how we grow”, is looking for part-time help. Administrative and Communications Coordinator Partnership for Smarter Growth […]
The Partnership for Smarter Growth, a non-profit organization located at 2319 East Broad Street, whose mission is “to educate and engage the communities in the Richmond region to work together to improve quality of life by guiding where and how we grow”, is looking for part-time help.
Administrative and Communications Coordinator
Partnership for Smarter Growth (PSG) is seeking a talented part-time Administrative and Communications Coordinator to strengthen our team and provide day to day administrative and communications support to the Executive Director and Board.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Regularly maintaining database records of event attendees, contacts, and donors in a web-based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system;
- Bookkeeping using a web-based system; processing donations and preparing and sending acknowledgments;
- Assisting in publicizing the activities of the organization and its programs through various means including website updates, social media, e-communications, and community resources;
- Assisting in logistics and material preparation for events, programs, and meetings;
- Coordinating registration processes for events, programs, and meetings;
- Assisting with Volunteer and Intern schedule and activity coordination;
- Preparing correspondence and mailings, answering and directing phone calls and emails; assisting with filing and other administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred;
- Proficiency in updating a website with Dreamweaver or similar program preferred;
- Bookkeeping experience with Quickbooks or similar program required;
- At least two years of administrative and/or communications experience required;
- Excellent and adaptable computer skills using the Apple computer environment including iwork (Pages, Numbers, etc.), Google applications, social media, and electronic communications tools such as ConstantContact and EventBrite required;
- Proficiency in or willingness to quickly learn and fully utilize the web-based CRM, Common Ground, on the salesforce.com platform, required;
- Demonstrated organizational and deadline and priority management skills required;
- Proven problem solving and interpersonal skills with diverse constituencies required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required;
- Positive attitude, outstanding work ethic, and willingness to achieve both independently and in a collaborative team environment required;
- Flexibility, dependability, and willingness to learn and grow in a changing environment required;
- Some evening and weekend work related to special events may be required;
- Familiarity with and demonstrated interest in PSG and the Richmond region a plus;
- Familiarity with a non-profit environment a plus.
The position pays $13-15/hour, depending on experience. 15 hours per week.
Please send an email with the subject line, PSG Administrative and Communications Coordinator, with a resume, cover letter, and 2 references as PDF attachments, to Sheila Sheppard Lovelady, PSG Executive Director, at email@example.com. Open until filled. No faxes or phone calls. EOE.