A week of ups and downs as the Rams beat George Washington, lose a hard-fought battle against Saint Louis, and look forward to a super important game against UMass.
— ∮∮∮ —
1. Who has the best 3-point shooting percentage for the Rams?
- Mo Alie-Cox: 100% (1-1) • Winthrop
- Jared Guest: 50% (2-4) • Illinois State (1-1), Wofford (1-1), @GW (0-1), Rhode Island (0-1)
- Melvin Johnson: 40% (52-129) • #94 in the nation.
- Super weird: Melvin Johnson III (no relation), senior guard for the Arkansas State Red Wolves is shooting 48.9% (64-131) • #3 in the nation.
2. Briante Weber has 97 steals on the season. Six Div1 teams have fewer steals than Briante Weber? Can you name two?
- Six: Utah State (79), Virginia Tech (82), Weber State (89), Cornell (90), Quinnipiac (91), Grand Canyon (95)
- The NCAA career record is 385 (John Linehan, Providence, 1998 – 2002). He’s got 272 currently, 113 away.
- The all-time record for number of steals in a season is 160 (!), set by Desmond Cambridge at Alabama A&M in 2002.
- Mookie Blaylock (which was what the band was called before Pearl Jam) holds the single-game steals record at 13 set in 1987.
3. Out of Briante Weber, Darius Theus, Joey Rodriguez, and Eric Maynor who had the best assist to turnover ratio?
- Darius Theus (2.6), Joey Rodriguez (2.3), Briante Weber (2.2), Eric Maynor (2.1)
- Briante (1.846 TPG) and Darius (1.857 TPG) turn the ball over far less than the other two (Maynor — 2.971, Joey — 2.275).
- Garino had 16 points
- Jordair Jett had 3 turnovers
- Chaz Williams has had eight points in his last two games. How many will he have against VCU. — 22
Basketball around the Commonwealth
- Richmond on a three-game winning streak since losing Derrick Williams and Cedrick Lindsay. After coming in for Cedrick Lindsay, freshman ShawnDre’ Jones is averaging 13.6 PPG, 6-11 from beyond the arc, and 10-10 on FTs. HUGE game against GW on Tuesday.
- Virginia Tech beat Miami for their second ACC win (the first was over Miami) and to snap a 10-game losing streak. The score at half time was…19-15.
- Campbell scored 13 points in the first half against Longwood, who won a game, snapping a five-game losing streak.
- ODU lost to Tulsa 76-37!? Insane.
- GMU beat UMass