VCU downs cross-town rival Richmond in a frenzied battle, and we hit our tenth episode!
— ∮∮∮ —
1. Who is the only player to start a game and score zero points this season?
- Jordan Burgess. You’ve got to go back to St. Louis game on 2013.03.13 when Troy Daniels scored zero points.
- Theus, George Washington, 2013.02.16; Weber, Longwood, 2012.12.21; Okereafor, Belmont, 2012.12.01; Haley, Memphis, 2012.11.22
2. Kendall Anthony dropped 31 points on the Rams. Who were the previous two players to score 30 or more points on VCU?
- Tyrone Garland, La Salle, 2014.01.25
- Khalif Wyatt, Temple, 2014.03.10
3. Why is Rhode Island called Rhode Island, it’s clearly not an island.
- “The explorer Giovanni da Verrazzano, in 1524 noted the presence of an island near the mouth of Narragansett Bay, which he likened to the Ottoman island of Rhodes” OR “A second theory concerns the fact that Adriaen Block, during his expeditions in the 1610s, passed by Aquidneck, described in a 1625 account of his travels as “an island of reddish appearance” (in 17th-century Dutch, “een rodlich Eylande”).”
- How many turnovers will Rhode Island have against the Rams in The Stu? Aaron says: 22.