The Hokies look to extend their four-game win streak, and the Wahoos look to turn things around in week six.
Highlights & Recaps
- Virginia Tech over Georgia Tech, 17-10. Well that went better than expected! The Hokies held a rushing attack that was averaging 345 yards per game to just 129 yards. That is insane! The VT offense wasn’t too shabby either, and Logan Thomas had one of the best games of his careers.
- WVU over #11 Oklahoma State, 30-12. And on this night in Morgantown, the sky turned red as ten million couches burned.
- ECU over North Carolina, 55-31. The Pirate offense dropped 603 yards and 55 points on the Tar Heels (Hokies held ECU to 204 yards and 10 points).
- Arizona State over USC, 62-41. Trojan head coach Lane Kiffin was fired immediately after the game.
I wanted to include a highlight of Georgia’s 55-yard field goal against LSU, but I guess the YouTube people don’t care about kickers? That’s a long-ass field goal, y’all!
— ∮∮∮ —
Virginia Tech vs. North Carolina
ESPN3 • 12:30 PM • VT -7.5
With the defense performing at near-perfect levels, the Hokies look to avenge last year’s embarrassing 48-34 stomping at the hands of the Tar Heels. That’s the most points scored on a Virginia Tech defense since eventual National Champions LSU in 2007 (also 48 points). The Tar Heels sit at 1-3, with their only victory coming against Middle Tennessee. A second ACC loss (Georgia Tech came from behind in Atlanta a couple weeks ago to beat the Tar Heels) would most likely put UNC on the outside of the Costal Division race.
Should the Hokies win this week they will join #3 Clemson, #8 Florida State, and #14 Miami in the top 25.1
Virginia vs. Ball State
ESPN3 • 12:00 PM; UVA -6.0
Teams remaining on UVA’s schedule: Ball State, at #25 Maryland, Duke, Georgia Tech, #3 Clemson, at UNC, at #14 Miami, Virginia Tech.
Can you find four wins in there somewhere to send the Wahoos bowling? It’ll be close Cav fans! That’s why this weekend’s game against Ball State is a must-win. Cardinals QB Keith Wenning is completing 64% of his passes and racking up 310 yards though the air per game (UVA is only allowing 152 per game). It’s time for the Wahoos to stop fooling around and get to winning.
Richmond vs. Bye week
— ∮∮∮ —
National game of the week
- #4 Ohio State at #16 Northwestern • Saturday, 8:00 PM • ABC
ACC game of the week
- #8 Florida State vs. #25 Maryland • 12:00 PM • ESPN
- #14 Miami vs. Georgia Tech • 3:30 PM • ESPNU
- #22 Arizona State vs. Notre Dame • 7:30 PM • NBC
- #17 Baylor vs. West Virginia • 8:00 PM • Fox Sports 1
- #5 Stanford vs. #15 Washington • 10:30 PM • ESPN
The Theoretical Playoff
No changes this week either.
I’ll say this, too: Ohio State did not look great against Wisconsin. I’d take at least five of the six teams ranked below them in a head-to-head matchup.
- Ohio State
— ∮∮∮ —
- Assuming FSU beats #25 Maryland. ↩