The race will impact traffic along the routes from September 19th to September 27th.
Richmond 2015, the organizer of the 2015 UCI Road World Championships, announced the official schedule and course modifications for the 2015 UCI Road World Championships.
Two changes were made to the courses since last time the maps were made public. The 23rd Street Climb which had been previously reserved only for the Elite Men and Elite Women, now will be included in all five world championship road races.
The other change is good news for those commuting into downtown during the races.
A slight modification has been made to the Road Race course in downtown Richmond, with racers now turning left at Main and Belvidere streets to head to Broad Street before returning to Main Street at 2nd Street. The original course sent racers right on Belvidere and left on Byrd Street. This change reduces the footprint of the race circuit in the downtown area, which will ensure that most I-95, I-195/Powhite Parkway exits will remain open and commuter traffic can flow freely.
Date Event – Start Time/Finish Time (EDT)*
- Sat., Sept. 19 Team Time Trial Training 9 a.m./12 p.m.
- Sat., Sept. 19 Time Trial Circuit Training 1 p.m./2:30 p.m.
- Sun., Sept. 20 Team Time Trial (Women) 11:30 a.m./12:55 p.m.
- Sun. Sept. 20 Team Time Trial (Men) 1:30 p.m./3:35 p.m.
- Mon., Sept. 21 Individual Time Trial (Jr. Women) 10 a.m./11:10 a.m.
- Mon., Sept. 21 Individual Time Trial (U23 Men) 11:30 a.m./3:50 p.m.
- Tues., Sept. 22 Individual Time Trial (Jr. Men) 9:30 a.m./1:05 p.m.
- Tues., Sept. 22 Individual Time Trial (Elite Women) 1:30 p.m./4:45 p.m.
- Wed., Sept. 23 Individual Time Trial (Elite Men) 1 p.m./3:35 p.m.
- Thurs., Sept. 24 Road Race Training 10 a.m./12 p.m.
- Fri., Sept. 25 Road Race (Jr. Women) 10 a.m./11:50 a.m.
- Fri., Sept. 25 Road Race (U23 Men) 12:45 p.m./4:50 p.m.
- Sat., Sept. 26 Road Race (Jr. Men) 9 a.m./12:15 p.m.
- Sat. Sept. 26 Road Race (Elite Women) 1 p.m./4:25 p.m.
- Sun., Sept. 27 Road Race (Elite Men) 9 a.m./3:40 p.m.
* Courses will close to traffic up to 1 hour before start time and re-open up to 1 hour after estimated