Bring a bit of canned food to help out those that aren’t as lucky as all of us enjoying the food trucks.
Cloudy, rainy days are worrisome…but the forecast is for the rain to disappear by Friday noon, so Friday evening should be a great time for dining outside with friends and neighbors.
Join us Friday night in the Woodland Heights Baptist Church parking lot (611 W. 31st St.)…come set up at a table, or bring a blanket and/or lawn chairs and spread out on the lawn…or grab your dinner to go… The Food Trucks will open for business at 5:30 and remain until 8:30.
On June 5, the scheduled Food Trucks are:
- Cheezilla – RVA’s first gourmet grilled cheese food truck. We’re about taking grilled cheese to the next level by adding ingredients you never really thought possible. Come by for a taste of your childhood.
- Mosaic – “International fusion menu that features gourmet sandwiches and small plates that change with the season.”
- Opa – Authentic Greek style food tradition brought to you by Nader’s Bistro. Nader and family have been serving restaurant style here in Richmond and at festivals through out the southeastern states for nearly 30 years.
- The Hungry Turtle – Serving authentic Vietnamese cuisine and Asian fusion including banh mi sandwiches, egg rolls, Pho sliders and tacos.
- Slideways Mobile Bistro – Serving up our signature gourmet sliders and fresh hand-cut fries to RVA.
And for dessert …
- Tikiz Shaved Ice – Tikiz is “Bringing Sweets To The Streets!”™ with the ice cream truck of the future!
It’s always a great time at Food Truck Fridays!
We will have a collection box for non-perishable food donations to our Food Closet, which serves an average of about 40-45 of our neighbors in need (from 23224 or 23225 zip codes) each week. If you would like, bring a can or two of fruit or vegetables, or a jar of peanut butter, or … Questions about the Food Closet? Email me or ask around on Friday night.
Remember: Please, no alcoholic beverages on the church property.