Fans overwhelmed the City with applications to become a Redskins training camp volunteer. Now the ‘Skins are increasing the availability and extending the application deadline.
Over 800 people applied to become a volunteer “ambassador” for the Washington Redskins Training Camp after the City last week requested a core group of 100 (PDF) to provide customer service throughout the upcoming training camp.
Because of the response, the Redskins are doubling opportunities for ambassadors to participate by increasing their number of volunteers per shift from 35 to 70. As a result, applications have been extended until 5:00 PM today.
Those selected for ambassadorships will serve one of two time slots each day during the four-week training camp: either 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM, or 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
Ambassadors will be rewarded based on shifts completed using a benchmark scale:
- Three shifts worked: Redskins pin
- Five shifts: a second Redskins pin
- Seven shifts: opportunity to attend autograph session with Redskin players and coaches
- 10 shifts: trip to attend a Redskins home game with guest, which includes transportation
- 12 or more shifts: trip to attend a Redskins home game with guest, including transportation, plus the opportunity to take part in a special on-field pre-game presentation
People can volunteer here. Training camp runs from July 25th – August 16th.
photo by Keith Allison