Help keep Carytown independent merchants growing.
Often overheard in discussions on the future of Carytown is the need to keep it local and avoid the major retail chains. Now you have a chance to back up your words with cash.
Orange is looking to expand and improve their Carytown store and you can help out with a donation. Your cash could lead to one of the below improvements but that’s not all. Contributors receive their own special reward based on the level of the donation. The goal they’ve set for themselves is $10,000 but as you can see that is going to make a world of difference in what they can offer.
- Electrical: Currently, we need more electrical outlets, we don’t have enough for lighting artwork and currently cannot take on any artists that require access to electric.
- Heating: The loft space is on the same system that provides heat and air to the downstairs. It really needs to be on a seperate system, or have the heat deflected to make continued use of that space viable to artists.
- Bathroom Upgrade: We currently are not allowed to allow shoppers to use our restroom, since is not to code for use as a public bathroom. We would like to bring it to code for our customers.
- Display Units: Most of our artists do not have their own display units. While many do not require it, many also do. To take on more artist that require display we need to purchase some more display cases.
- Finish Off Additional Space: We are lucky enough to have additional space that is currently not being used. We would like to refinish it to give more artists an ability to showcase their work. We would like to see this space used as gallery space where artists can have a fixed gallery space for a month and then rotate artists quarterly.
- Full Time employee: I would like to make an employee full time to concentrate on customer service and allow me to continue creating art.
Photo: Orange Facebook