Temperatures warm up! The sun makes an appearance! We made it!
It’s Valentine’s Day, and it’s currently 33 °F, but today we’re looking at a high of 41 °F! That means no snow! We might even see the sun! Things are really looking up, RVA…at least until tonight when we’re expecting more snow. But fear not Richmonders, this impending snow should be a dusting at most and won’t be a huge deal.
- Chesterfield County, Hanover County, Henrico County, and Richmond City public schools are all closed.
- Which means Monday, President’s Day, will be a regular school day for all four school districts.
- VCU, UR, and VUU are all opening at 10:00 AM today.
- WRIC has a full list of closings and delays
- Roads are a varying degree of wet, snowy, or icy (or all three). With temperatures rising things should clear up throughout the day.
- Gladys Knight’s performance at the Landmark Theatre tonight has been rescheduled for Sunday, February 16th.
Drive safe this morning, and have a great weekend!
No medals for Team USA in the last 24 hours. They’re still in second place, tied with Netherlands at 12 medals total.
Yesterday the men’s hockey team downed Slovakia, 7-1.
Today’s medal events are: men’s 15k cross-country skiing, men’s super-combined slalom, women’s 15k biathlon, men’s free skate, women’s skeleton, and women’s aerials.
Big news last night around 9:00 PM, VA Attorney General Mark Herring announced that a federal court has declared Virginia’s ban on same-sex marriages unconstitutional.
In addition to Valentine’s Day, today is also #RVACoffeeLove day. When you’re at your favorite local coffee shop, buy a cup of coffee for a stranger as an act of kindness and watch the good vibes spread.
VCU visits #12 Saint Louis this Saturday. This game is a Big Deal and will be shown on ESPN2.
— ∮∮∮ —
Looking for this to do this weekend?
Photo by: scrappy!