As we slowly crawl out of winter, don’t slip and fall.
Photo by: ChrisK4u
Good morning, RVA! It’s 35 °F, and today’s high of 51 °F makes my heart sing with gladness. However, keep a vigilant eye towards both fog and ice during your commute. Both should dissipate throughout the morning, but no need to be reckless!
Council meets tonight to finally decide the fate of the Stone Brewing Co. project with a vote on a critical property deal. The RTD’s Graham Moomaw can catch you up if you’ve missed some of the back and forth.
The finalized course maps and times for The Big Bike Race™ were released this past Friday. They include a couple of tweaks since last time you saw them, including one that might make commutes that week (September 19th-27th) a bit easier.
This new biz fascinates me: “Wood startup up and running in Scott’s Addition“.
- Rams dropped their second in a row, a 59-55 loss to Dayton at home.
- Spiders have now won four in a row after Saturday’s 63-57 victory over Saint Joe’s.
- #2 Wahoos allowed 57 points against the Hokies, which for the Cavs might as well be a million, but managed to come away with the win nonetheless, 69-57. UVA heads to New York to take on Syracuse today at 7:00 PM.
- Hokies, on the quick turnaround, face fellow ACC bottom dweller Boston College tonight at 9:00 PM.
- #1 Randolph-Macon captured the ODAC title and awaits the NCAA Div III tournament later this month.
- Caps blanked the Maple Leafs, 4-0.
This morning’s longread
Oh, just a super long, super smart interview with the director of Gremlins to start your morning.
You need to know who Billy Wilder was. You need to know the names of people who are no longer alive. Because it’s very important–it’s what our history is made of. You need to see the movies the way they were–with the racism, the violence, and the censorship. All the things that let you see what the movie past had been so you understand where we are! But really nobody’s interested in that right now. Their interests are so bifurcated.
This morning’s Instagram
— ∮∮∮ —
Want to automagically get Good Morning, RVA in your inbox every morning? Sign up below!