Dinner and a movie.
What is there to do on a Friday night in Woodland Heights? How about dinner and a movie…all in one location… ???
Join us Friday night in the Woodland Heights Baptist Church parking lot (611 W. 31st St.). Come set up at a table, or bring a blanket and/or lawn chairs and spread out on the lawn…or grab your dinner to go… The Food Trucks will open for business at 5:30 and remain until 8:30.
And after the Food Trucks, at about 8:45, we will show “Snow White” on the big screen in our parking lot. Free movie, free popcorn, free lemonade…just bring a chair and/or a blanket and watch some classic Disney fare.
Here are the trucks scheduled for June 19:
- BoDillaz -“Famous Quesadillas”
- The Hungry Turtle – Serving authentic Vietnamese cuisine and Asian fusion including banh mi sandwiches, egg rolls, Pho sliders and tacos.
- Mosaic – “International fusion menu that features gourmet sandwiches and small plates that change with the season.”
- Popping Mealies – “Well crafted and well priced comfort food, gourmet sandwiches, and sides.”
The Dog Wagon – “A food truck specializing in the great American tradition of the perfect on-the-go meal: Hot Dogs!”
… and for dessert…
- Tikiz Shaved Ice – Tikiz is “Bringing Sweets To The Streets!”™ with the ice cream truck of the future!
It’s always a great time at Food Truck Fridays!
We will have a collection box for non-perishable food donations to our Food Closet, which serves an average of about 40-45 of our neighbors in need (from 23224 or 23225 zip codes) each week. If you would like, bring a can or two of fruit or vegetables, or a jar of peanut butter, or … Questions about the Food Closet? Email me or ask around on Friday night.
Remember: Please, no alcoholic beverages on the church property.