Faulty heating sickens three on Northside Avenue

Condition of the victims is unknown at this time.

This a developing story on CBS6 as two are found unconscious and third showing carbon monoxide poisoning.

Three people were removed from an apartment home along 600 block of Northside Ave. in Richmond on Wednesday morning after it appeared they were exposed to carbon monoxide.

Firefighters on scene said the building’s heating system malfunctioned and caused carbon monoxide to leak to the house.

Two of the people in the home were unconscious when Richmond firefighters arrived, a third person showed symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, firefighters on scene said.

The current conditions of the people taken out of the home have not been released.

Photo: CBS6

  • error

    Report an error

Richard Hayes

When Richard isn’t rounding up neighborhood news, he’s likely watching soccer or chasing down the latest and greatest craft beer.

There are no reader comments. Add yours.