Friday dinner plans are made.
Join us Friday night in the Woodland Heights Baptist Church parking lot (611 W. 31st St.)…come set up at a table, or bring a blanket and/or lawn chairs and spread out on the lawn…or grab your dinner to go… The Food Trucks will open for business at 5:30 and remain until 8:30. Several “first time trucks” are scheduled to be with us this week.
On May 15, the scheduled Food Trucks are:
- Coco Bans to Go – Delectable Caribbean food with layers of flavor and smiles with every bite.
- Happy Empanada – Serving gourmet empanadas and authentic Panamanian and Latin American cuisine.
- Slideways Mobile Bistro – Serving up our signature gourmet sliders and fresh hand-cut fries to RVA.
- The Hungry Turtle – Serving authentic Vietnamese cuisine and Asian fusion including banh mi sandwiches, egg rolls, Pho sliders and tacos.
- The Return of the Mac – Bringing a unique option to your mobile dining experience, The Return of the Mac strives to bring you the freshest, fastest and most delicious journey your mouth has ever experienced.
… and for dessert…
- Tikiz Shaved Ice – Tikiz is “Bringing Sweets To The Streets!”™ with the ice cream truck of the future!
It’s always a great time at Food Truck Fridays!
Remember that we will have a collection box for non-perishable food donations to our Food Closet, which serves an average of about 40-45 of our neighbors in need (from 23224 or 23225 zip codes) each week. If you would like, bring a can or two of fruit or vegetables, or a couple jars of peanut butter, or … Questions about the Food Closet? Email me or ask around on Friday night.
Remember: Please, no alcoholic beverages on the church property!