The weather is scary right now but should be fine for Friday.
Update #1 — June 24, 2016; 5:21 PM
Just got the following message:
So sorry to do this, but just got word that the Food Trucks are cancelling tonight–weather and some last minute mechanical issues. Sending word just as I get it.
Sincere apologies for the very late notice–at the mercy of the weather and some disappointing vendors.
Don’t give up on us yet. We’re working to figure out a better situation.
Thanks for all your help. I’ll keep you informed.
Annoyed and Embarrassed,
— ∮∮∮ —
Original — June 24, 2016
Hope you will join us for Food Trucks this Friday from 5:30-8:30 in the parking lot of Woodland Heights Baptist Church (611 W. 31st St.). Sounds like last Friday was a great night—except that the number of food trucks was a bit down. This week the forecast is for another good night, with partial clouds, no rain, and temperatures around 80. We are expecting five great trucks, and I will try to verify before the event.
This week’s scheduled trucks are:
- Cheezilla — RVA’s first gourmet grilled cheese food truck. We’re about taking grilled cheese to the next level by adding ingredients you never really thought possible. Come by for a taste of your childhood.
- Happy Empanada — Serving gourmet empanadas and authentic Panamanian and Latin American cuisine.
- Sammich — Paninis, various sides, and house-made ice cream.
- Slideways Mobile Bistro — Serving up our signature gourmet sliders and fresh hand-cut fries to RVA.
…and for dessert…
- DeRochennet Delights —“Luscious handmade chocolates from a master Chocolatier”
Hope to see you there.
Next week (7/1) two “First Friday” events will be added to the Food Truck night:
- Kids’ Craft Time from 6:30-7:00…make your own jellyfish!
- Movie Night at 8:45 will will have a movie night in the parking lot–“Shawn the Sheep”. Lemonade & Popcorn will be provided.
Mark your calendars now!
Remember the WHBC Community survey–5 minutes to help the church plan for our future in Woodland Heights. Here is the link to the survey: http://goo.gl/forms/apZ6AyfqU9 . Paper copies will be available at the Food Truck Court as well.