Check out this week’s picks for the best deals on meat, produce, beverages, and more. And soak up a few little-known facts about Kroger and coupons…
Did you know?
- Every day, Kroger doubles manufacturer coupons up to $.50 face value. That means that for every $.50 off coupon I use, $1 is deducted from my total bill ($.50 x 2). And $.40 doubles $.80, and so on.
- Any coupon worth more than $.50 is just redeemed at face value and not doubled. So in funky Kroger coupon logic, a $.50 coupon is worth more than a $.55 or $.75 coupon.
- Important coupon doubling procedural note: Your Kroger Plus card must be scanned before the coupons to receive double value. I learned this the hard way.
The “10 for $10” sale at Kroger this week translates into a lot of “Kroger” and “$1” in the top picks. Consider yourself warned.
Meat Top Pick
Even the grocery stores won’t let you forget Father’s Day is coming up; they’re pushing surf & turf this week. The Ukrop’s version involves Choice Boneless Sirloin Steaks for $5.98/lb, and your choice of frozen shrimp (41-50 count) or scallops (36-40 count) for $4.98/lb. Kroger has Select Bone-In Strip Steak priced $4.99/lb, and either $5.99/lb frozen shrimp (31-40 count) or $4.99/lb snow crab clusters.
Veggie Top Pick
I’m a sucker for the pretty red, orange, and yellow pepper displays – $1 apiece at Kroger.
Fruit Top Pick
Cherries are on sale pretty much everywhere: $3/lb at Walmart, $3.88 at Kroger, and $3.98 at Ukrop’s.
Dairy Top Pick
16-oz Kroger cottage cheese, sour cream, or dip are $1 each.
Staples Top Pick
At Kroger, Barilla pasta is $1. Are you sensing a pattern yet?
Snacks & Sweets Top Pick
Enjoy Edy’s Ice Cream for just $2.37 from Kroger. I just polished off a container of mint-chocolate chip, with the help of my husband who usually dislikes mint chocolate.
Beverages Top Pick
Summer can’t officially begin without some tea and lemonade – Turkey Hill 1/2 gallons are on sale for $1 at Kroger. Even sweeter, there is a “$1 off 2” coupon from the May 10 inserts.
Household Top Pick
50-count Hefty foam plates are $.99 at Ukrops, limit 3. To get the $2 discount, scan your card at the Savings Spot in-store.
Find more deals by accessing the stores’ weekly ads online:
- Prices valid 6/14-6/20: Kroger, Ukrop’s, Target, Walgreen’s, CVS
- Prices valid 6/17-6/23: Tom Leonard’s, Whole Foods, Fresh Market
- Prices valid for month of June: Ellwood Thompsons
Report an error
Subscribe to our
There are 3 reader comments. Read them.