Want your love notes to stand out? Skip the store-bought box of cards and try out this impossibly cute alternative. You’ll need…
- Craft knife
- Glue stick
- Decorative paper
- 1 strip of paper measuring 1 7/8” X 14” (this will be folded to make a card)
- 1 pack of gum – I used Orbit, but other brands have cool containers, too!
- Optional: rubber stamps, stickers, bits of paper, etc. for embellishing
1. Gather supplies
2. Take gum out of pack and carefully open up the package all the way. If you tear anything, mend with a bit of tape.
3. Glue the entire gum pack/envelope on the label side (including flaps, etc.) and place it on decorative paper. Press firmly to make it stick.
4. Using scissors or a craft knife, cut away the excess decorative paper.
5. Flip it over and apply glue to the top flap of the envelope. Add decorative paper.
6. Cut away excess paper as you did with the front.
7. Using craft knife, cut through the paper at the slit to make sure it will open.
8. Refold envelope box back into its original shape and glue the tabs. Press the bottom flap to the tabs and let it dry.
9. Take your strip of paper and fold it in half. Next fold back edges to meet the crease to make an accordion card.
10. Write a love note to your favorite person or pet, decorate as you like. Fold it up and put it in the gum pack.
11. Decorate envelope flap if you like, tuck the flap into the slit. Present it to your sweetie!