Put down the pumpkin spice latte, pack the family in the car, and head out to one of Richmond’s local farms.
The free hayrides, animal corral ($3), 3D Boo House & Vortex ($4), donut shop, and pumpkin maze makes this a great place to nab a pumpkin (all you can carry for just $20) and have fun while doing so.
- Through October 31st • 1:00 – 6:00 PM (Weekdays) & 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Weekends)
- 12607 Old Ridge Road • Beaverdam
- $20 • All you can carry
Pumpkins, cute mini gourds, mums, pansies, and more make this a go-to stop for all of your fall accouterments.
- 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Mon. – Fri.) • 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Sat.) • 12:00 – 5:00 PM (Sun.)
- 11374 Ashcake Road • Ashland
- Prices vary
With a Moon Bounce ($2), giant slide ($3), pumpkin bowling ($2), straw maze ($2), face painting ($2), barrel train ride ($3), horse or pony rides ($7), and more means a fun trip out to the farm.
- 2:00 – 6:00 (Mon. – Fri.) • 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Sat.) • 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Sun.)
- 2100 Ruffin Mill Road • South Chesterfield
- Activity prices vary
Not only can you pick your own pumpkin, the farm offers over 20 activities ranging from a Pirates Cove, Scary Fun Barn, Zombie Paintball Shoot, and Wagon Train Ride.
- 2:30 – 5:30 PM (Thur. & Fri.) • 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM (Sat. & Sun.)
- 26002 Pear Orchard Road • Moseley
- Pumpkins $0.39/lb. • Activity prices vary
Pick your own pre-priced pumpkins, browse a wide selection of mums, gourds, and decorative hay bales, plus free hayrides, play area, and hay bale maze for the kids.
- 8:00 AM – Dusk through October 31st
- 4506 Millers Lane
- Free admission and parking
Pony rides, corn maze, farm animals, hay rides, hot rides, and more make this a great way to spend an afternoon. Take home as many pumpkins as you can carry (at least three steps).
- 10:00 AM – Dusk Saturdays and Sundays
- 12204 Pinhook Road • Rockville
- $5 (hay ride); $5 (pony ride), pumpkin prices vary
Before perusing their pumpkin selection, make your way through the corn maze ($3) and meet Penny the (incredibly sweet) goat.
- 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM
- 13580 Ashland Road • Ashland
- $7 per pumpkins; 4 pumpkins for $25
Plenty of locally-grown pumpkins to be had, along with gourds, squash, straw bales, and corn stalks. There’s also a free movie at the pumpkin patch every Friday at 7:00 PM that comes with free popcorn and apple cider.
- Open daily • 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- 41050 Tom Leonard Drive • Glen Allen
- Prices vary
Photo by Catherine