I’m intrigued and nervous about how they will represent R.O.U.S.
From the Press Release
“Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles…” Get ready for Those Freaking Weirdos’ (aka TFW Burlesque’s) next great adventure at Gottwald Playhouse on April 5, at 9pm.
“The Princess Bride: a burlesque tribute of unusual size” pays tribute this modern film classic with a unique show, the first of its kind in Richmond and only the second such show in the country. In addition to ecdysial burlesque acts, the audience will be treated to comedy, juggling, dramatic and drag acts.
The cast will use modern music to symbolize the scenes from the film. DC’s Hot Todd Lincoln will portray the Grandfather, telling the tale, with burlesque and variety performances from:
- Melody Magpie – princess of the burly-cute
- Moxie LaBouche – one *hot* mess
- Bella LaBlanc – the Stepford Wife gone wild
- Dev L Ish – properly improper
- Buster Britches – the creepshow Casanova
- Dante the Inferno – the right tool for the job
- Couple o’ Carneys – this deuce is wild
- Kitten Khaous – the guilty pleasure
- Cherrie Canary – one good bad girl
The show is sponsored by Graffiti’s Ink Gallery, Haiku Sushi & Lounge, Dave Parrish Photography and Con Amore Jewelry.
Owing to the intense and widespread love of “The Princess Bride,” advance ticket purchase is recommended – tfwburlesque.com/buy or the Richmond CenterStage website.
General admission seating. Ages 18 and over. No one will be admitted during the harrowing Pit of Despair sequence.