It’s New Year’s Eve!!! Take a look at our picks for some of the best events happening around town — all sure to help you ring in 2011 right.
Time to start making plans for New Year’s. Take a look at our picks for some of the best events happening around town — all sure to help you ring in 2011 right.
(By the way, several restaurants around town are offering special menus for New Year’s. We’ve got a list right over here that we’ll keep adding to as we get more information.)
New Year’s Eve Bash!
Ring in the new year at CMoR’s Annual New Year’s Eve Bash. Seymour and friends from Radio Disney will be there to lead all the kiddies in a special “Countdown to Noon” juice box toast. (Lordy, that’s cute.) Kids will also get to enjoy fun games and prize giveaways.
- 10am to 2pm
- Children’s Museum of Richmond (2626 W. Broad Street)
- Free with museum admission
New Year’s Eve Family Frolic
Live concert from Ululating Mummies, face-painting, crafts, fun photo opportunities, trains, and more. And, if the weather permits, they’ll have the first ever “Rolling in the New Year’s”, a roll down the hill to the Rose Garden.
- 2pm to 5pm
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens (1800 Lakeside Avenue)
- Free with regular admission
For the grown-ups
New Year’s Eve at The Jefferson
Enjoy a prix fixe dinner (four courses at TJ’s or six course at Lemaire), a champagne toast, and dancing in The Palm Court to the music of the Skip Gailes Quintet.
- The Jefferson (101 W. Franklin Street)
- $95 per person at TJ’s (804-649-4672) and $150 per person at Lemaire (call 804-649-4629)
Glitz & Glamour New Years Eve Gala
Hors d’oeuvres and dinner buffet, casino games and live entertainment, champagne toast at midnight, and cash bar. Includes overnight accommodations.
- Doubletree Hotel Richmond Airport (5501 Eubank Road)
- $199 per couple
New Year’s Eve at the New Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa
Enjoy live music from KOS (formerly known as Kings of Swing) or 80s, 90s, and today’s music from DJ Erik. Your ticket gets you two drink tickets, complimentary hors d’oeuvres, desserts, and a champagne toast.
- 8pm to 2am
- The Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa (12042 W. Broad Street)
- $99 to $429, depending on accommodations
2010 Flashback New Year’s Eve Party
A complete overnight package will get you live music and dancing with Flashback, deluxe accommodations, heavy hors d’oeuvre, two drinks and a champagne toast, party favors, and breakfast in the morning.
- 8pm to 1am
- The Place at Innsbrook (4036-C Cox Road) and the Hyatt Place
A-List New Year’s Eve
Aloft Richmond West plays host as GayRVA.com helps you ring in the New Year with a portion of the proceeds benefiting ROSMY. A live DJ will be attendance so you can “move and a-groove throughout the night.” VIP tickets can be purchased online or by calling 804-433-1888 and mentioning GAYRVA. A-List tickets can be purchased through EventBrite.
- 8pm for VIPs; 9pm for A-Listers
- Aloft Richmond West (3939 Duckling Drive)
- $111 VIP Package for Two gets you an overnight hotel stay, a super chic sushi lounge with open bar from 8pm to 9pm, hor’d’oerves provided by Kona Grill, a champagne toast at midnight, and breakfast in the morning; $25 A-List Package gets you on the list with access to the event starting at 9pm, hors d’oeuvres provided by Kona Grill, one drink ticket, and a champagne toast at midnight
Restaurants & club-type places
Bert Kreischer New Year’s Eve
Ring in the New Year with comic Bert Kreischer. Ticket price includes party favors, a Funny Bone keepsake, a cheese, fruit, and cracker platter, and a champagne toast at midnight.
- 10pm (dinner available at 7:30pm)
- Richmond Funny Bone (11800 W Broad Street, # 1090)
Club Infuzion New Year’s Eve Party
Enjoy an hors d’oeuvres and dessert buffet, top 40 dance music, and a champagne toast as you watch the ball drop on the big screen.
- 8pm to 2am
- Club Infuzion (1401 Roseneath Road)
- 18+ $10; 21+ $5
New Year’s Eve at The Tobacco Company
Spend the evening in the club or on the first floor with music from Klaxton Brown. Champagne toast at midnight and lots of fun party favors!
- The Tobacco Company (1201 E. Cary Street)
- $20 cover
3rd Annual Rhythm and Roots Festival at the Camel
Featuring music from Good Natured Riot, Jackass Flats, and The Hotseats. Cover gets you hors d’oeuvres and a champagne toast.
- The Camel (1621 W. Broad Street)
- $20 (purchase online here)
Style Weekly’s New Year’s Eve Launch Party
Cruise directors Jason “Half Masterson” Roop and “Jack McDaquiri” Lauterback steer you into the New Year with the help of America’s #1 tribute to Yacht Rock, Three Sheets to the Wind.
- Capital Ale House – Downtown (623 E. Main Street)
- $35-$250 (purchase online here)
2nd Annual New Years Eve Charity Benefit Bash at Baja Bean
Join Baja Bean as they help raise funds for People Helping People Global. Last year they raised over $5,000 for PHPG and its economic development projects. Let’s see if we can beat that this year. Tickets get you beer and rail liquors, food, and a champagne toast.
- Baja Bean (1520 W. Main Street)
- $50 per person if you sign up between 12/1/2010 and 12/25/2010; $60 per person if you sign up on 12/26/2010 or after (purchase online here)
No Scrubs: 90s Dance Party
DJ Will Eastman and Brian Billion bring you music from TLC, Bell Biv Devoe, Nirvana, Happy Mondays, Boyz II Men, C&C Music Factory, EMF, Marky Mark, House of Pain, and tons of other 90s favorites.
- The National (708 E. Broad Street)
The Ǝvent: Celebrating The New Year 2011
Music from DJs Drake, Rayvon and Lil Jay. Hosted by Fat Kat.
- The Hat Factory (140 Virginia Street)
- $12 (purchase online here)
Rattlemouth New Year’s Eve Dance Party
Looking for something a little different this New Year’s? How about a little Ethiopian Jazz? Ring in 2011 with Rattlemouth as they host their annual dance party, this year at The Nile.
- 10pm (dinner available for purchase before the show)
- The Nile (309 N. Laurel Street)
- $10 suggested donation (21 and up)
Balliceaux New Year’s Eve Bash!
Featuring music from DJs Mikemtic Kemetic and Michael Murphy.
- Balliceaux (203 N. Lombardy Street)
Other fun stuff
The Quest for Father Time
Run all over town looking for clues and secrets “left by Father Time.” Beat the game and you’ll get to go the after-party.
- Game details revealed upon registration
- $50 (purchase online here)
The Winter’s Tale: New Year’s Eve Celebration
Enjoy a performance of Henley Street Theatre and Richmond Shakespeare’s performance of this Shakespeare work and a complimentary glass of champagne or wine. Dessert and cash bar also available. (Read our review of The Winter’s Tale right over here.)
- Gottwald Playhouse at Richmond CenterStage (600 E. Grace Street)
- $40 per person
Big Masquerade Burlesque
Sycamore Rouge throws a Big Masquerade Burlesque Bash beginning at 8pm New Year’s Eve with “heart-pounding energy and uncontrollable dancing!” by the No BS Brass Band and Voix de Ville Follies. The night includes a dinner buffet, a dessert buffet, champagne, a gift bag of New Year’s fun, and all the music, burlesque, and dancing you can take.
- Doors open at 8pm, show starts at 8:30pm
- Sycamore Rouge (21 West Old Street in Petersburg)
- $85 per person; $150 per couple (call 804-957-5707)
Decemberween 5: New Hallows’ Eve
Live music, eight DJs, and two bars. 21 and up!
- Gallery 5 (200 W. Marshall Street)
- $13 in advance, $20 at the door
Carytown New Year’s Eve
Just like last year, Carytown is keeping it simple this time around. The streets won’t be closed off and there won’t be the big hoopla of passed years, but the ball will still rise over the Byrd Theatre at midnight. Several Carytown restaurants will be offering special New Year’s menus for you to enjoy before the big moment. More on those over here.
- Byrd Theatre (2908 W. Cary Street)
Note: If you choose to imbibe on New Year’s, please make sure you have a designated driver before you go out OR a the number of a cab company stored in your phone. Be safe out there!
Know of any other New Year’s Events happening around town? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave the info in the comments!