Enjoy free, family-friendly events at the VHS two Saturdays a month.
On the first and third Saturday of each month, the Virginia Historical Society’s Stories at the Museum offers families the opportunity to explore Virginia’s role in the history of the United States through group readings of children’s books and make-and-take arts and crafts. Stories at the Museum is from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM and is free and open to the public.
Themes change each month. Check out what they’ve got lined up for the next several months…
- June 7th and 21st: World War II History
- July 5th and 19th: American Revolution History
- August 2nd and 16th: Fun Virginia Tales
- September 6th and 20th: Hispanic American Heritage
- October 4th and 18th: Famous Virginians
- November 1st and 15th: Native American Heritage
- December 6th: Famous Americans
The Virginia Historical Society is located at 428 N. Boulevard, right next to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Parking and admission are free.
Photo courtesy of: Virginia Historical Society