Today is Fat Tuesday / Mardi Gras! Regardless of whether you plan to participate in any sort of Lenten fast beginning tomorrow, Fat Tuesday has become as good a time as any to Put Your Hands Up and party. Allow us to guide you.
Today is Fat Tuesday / Mardi Gras! Regardless of whether you plan to participate in any sort of Lenten fast beginning tomorrow, Fat Tuesday has become as good a time as any to Put Your Hands Up and party. So, to prevent you from wandering aimlessly around Richmond looking for some sweet Mardis Gras action tonight, we’ve compiled a handy dandy Mardi Gras list for you. Enjoy (but not too much).
- 8 – 11pm
- “Where Bourbon Street meets Blackfinn Boulevard” Tons of beads, contests, and giveaways. Cajun inspired menu served all day.
- Mardi Gras party with Elby Brass
- 4pm – 12.00am
- Music by Groove Motive and a special steal the glass night featuring the New Orleans brewing company Abita. Lots of beads, dancing, and Cajun themed dishes.
- Fat Tuesday party Bourbon Street style with lots of fun, dancing, and tons of beads. Visit their neighbor Lucky Buddah for more Fat Tuesday fun. Must be 21+
- All day
- Celebrating all day with gumbo, jamalya, king cakes and many more Louisiana dishes. Bayou beers on tap and you can always head over to FW Sullivans across the street for more fun.
- 11am – 5pm
- The go to place for New Orleans inspired dishes. Everything from alligator to gumbo to king cakes will be served. Bayou music will be playing throughout the day as well with a special appearance by NO BS Brass from Noon to 1.30pm.
- As always, Louisiana Flair will have delicious, crispy, fried beignets tomorrow morning. Get there early, they go quick.
- Free Cajun buffet, party favors, music from the Bayou with a special guest appearance by the Captain himself.
- The menu this month is dedicated the Lousiana region so there are plenty of dishes to choose from all day. If you find the baby in your slice of King Cake, it’s free!
- Dress up in your fun Mardi Gras Carnival outfits, bring your masks and beads. We’ll feast, drink, and party proper New Orleans sytle! There will be music, karaoke, dancing, and food & drink specials.