Family Lifeline’s 9th annual CHOCOHOLIC! is this Thursday evening at the Science Museum. Go on! Gorge yourself for a good cause!
This Thursday evening from 7:00 to 10:00 PM, the Science Museum of Virginia will again host Family Lifeline’s CHOCOHOLIC!, an annual event that allows guests to sample chocolates2 and desserts from some of the areas finest chocolatiers, bakeries, and speciality shops–while also helping this local organization raise some extra moolah.
In addition to the sweet stuff (which will come from the likes of Gearhart’s Fine Chocolate and Candy Valley Cake Company, just to name a couple), you’ll also get to enjoy a selection of wine and craft beers. Mosaic will be on hand to cater the event as well. Tickets are $50 and cover your entry, food, and two drink tickets. And if you’re feeling especially generous/fancy, you can take part in CHOCOHOLIC! 2014’s silent auction where you can bid on a variety of items like massage packages, tickets to VCU basketball games, and vacation homes.3
- CHOCOHOLIC! 2014
- Thursday, February 6th • 7:00 — 10:00 PM
- Science Museum of Virginia, 2500 W. Broad Street
Photo by: John Loo
- Back then it was called “City Mission.” To learn about Family Lifeline’s evolution over the last 137 years, check out this handy-dandy timeline. ↩
- I cannot think about/discuss this event without this popping into my head. ↩
- WHAT. Can you imagine having cash like that on hand? If you can, will you give me some of it? ↩