Herein, you will find information about new beers that are aged and stored and brewed in various materials using various processes. You will also learn that Ross loves string cheese and that he does not go out of his way to find rare beers.
Richmond’s brewery counter increments by one (in the biz, we call that “brewery plus plus”) on Saturday when Garden Grove Brewing Company opens their doors at 12:00 PM. Located at 3445 W. Cary Street, Garden Grove featured seven beers and a soda at their soft opening–an impressive slate indeed.
— ∮∮∮ —
Now Far West Richmonders can get that growler good-good while picking up their weekly supply of Kroger-brand string cheese. I can’t speak to the quality of beer the Short Pump Kroger plans to stock, but a look at this picture on Richmond.com suggests you’ll likely see some familiar and delicious faces. I can, however, speak to the quality of Kroger’s string cheese–it’s best-in-class.
— ∮∮∮ —
Our long, shameful nightmare of sneaking beers into movie theaters is at an end! Beginning Friday February 20th, the Byrd Theatre will host “Byrd and a Beer: Midnight Features“–it’s like the midnight movie but with beer! That you totally don’t have to sneak in! Tickets to next Friday’s showing of The Goonies are just $5 and available online now. COTU brews will be featured.
— ∮∮∮ —
Here’s this week’s mostly non-news about Stone Brewing Co., from the RTD: “Authority votes to change Stone Brewery lease.”
Have you ever wanted a beer glass with a 3D rendering of an Oregonian mountain pressed into the bottom of it? I realize that’s a fairly specific desire, but you never know.
Takeovers and releases
- Tonight, Mekong’s tapping kegs of the Milkman and the Milkmaid, the Hardywood / Cigar City collab from a couple weeks back. If you missed out, now’s your chance! Oh, and check this out, they’ll mix the two together for something they call the “Heifer.”
- Hardywood will release their Sidamo Coffee Stout (along with some light square dancing) this Saturday at 2:00 PM. 750mL bottles will be available.
- Do you love chocolate? Dumb question. How about: “Would you like an excuse to eat chocolate while drinking beer?” If yes, make your way to Triple Crossing on Saturday for a Beer + Chocolates by Kelly tasting / pairing.
- Lickinghole Creek’s La Calavera Catrina is back, as the Facebook event says. A beer that’s “conditioned on lime zest and aged for over three months in Mexican tequila barrels” sounds like something that will elicit many opinions from many beer drinkers.
- Bell’s Hopslam exists. I’m not a big MUST TRY RARE BEERS guy, so you’re on your own in finding a pint.
Photo by: Gamma Man