Gimme a beat! It’s time to get moving and do things this weekend!
Among other cool things at the Byrd this Saturday (including tours and the Byrd’s documentary, which we have seen and can recommend!), may we recommend Lobo Marino’s very first participation in Silent Music Revival? Andrew Cothern breaks it down in that there link!
- Saturday, November 14th • 2:00 PM
- The Byrd Theatre & Foundation, 2908 W. Cary Street
- Free! Yeah! That’s right! You’d think this would have an admission but it does not. You’re welcome to donate and buy stuff while you’re there, though. That’ll help the Byrd out.
The time goes by so fast! I remember when COTU was just a tiny baby, keeping me up at night, and now they’re sprinting around the block, writing their names shakily…how can it be possible? Come celebrate with a three-day fest including many bands and food trucks and tap takeovers and pairings and…a whole lot of other stuff you wouldn’t normally find at a three-year-old’s birthday party!
- Friday, November 13th – Sunday, November 15th • see site for times
- Center of the Universe Brewing Co., 11293 Air Park Road, Ashland
- Free to attend!
You’ve gotta understand, InLight is just about the coolest thing we’ve got going on. And by “we” I mean “the human population.” Big fans over here. Check out the above link for some fairly detailed information.
- Friday, November 13th – Saturday, November 14th • see site for times
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, 200 N. Boulevard
If Richmonder (and former RVANewser!) Matthew E. White were here more often, maybe we’d be less excited. BUT I DOUBT IT. If you haven’t gone to a MattWhite show, you are in for a treat. Here’s our audio interview for many laughs and cringes.
- Friday, November 13th • Doors at 8:00 PM and show at 9:00 PM
- The Broadberry, 2729 W. Broad Street
- $12 in advance, $14 day of show
What exactly are the metrics for measuring “friendliest” marathon? Is it because you’re unlikely to be pulled out of the marathon by a misogynist dude? Either way, the big-huge Richmond Marathon is this weekend, and it is a great way to watch people. And if you’re up for a last-minute exhausting activity, you can still walk up to register.
- Saturday, November 14th • see site for times
- Here are the maps
- Free to watch!