Whoa, whoa, whoa, Richmond, cool your jets on all this fine family fun! JK JK, don’t stop ever.
Photo by: alansheaven
On a scale of one to 10, how annoyed do you think my fellow Central Virginia Celtic Festival and Highland Games attendees would be if I showed up with a megaphone and sang this song over and over?
Anyway, with all the musical competitions, “heavy athletics,” and activities for the wee ones, they’ll probably be too occupied to noticed little ol’ me.
- Saturday, October 24th • 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM and Sunday, October 25th • 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Richmond Raceway Complex, 600 E. Laburnum Avenue
The friendly folks of Bike Walk Northside invite you and yours to join them for a short, safe family bike ride along Brook Road and through some quiet neighborhood streets1. Come in costume because why not?!
- Saturday, October 24th • 1:00 PM
- The Westwood Tract, Westwood Avenue and Brook Road
The lights will be up and the sound will be down as the Autism Society of Central Virginia hosts a screening of the super-duper-mega-hit of the summer, Inside Out–a film that Ann Hornady of the Washington Post called “that rare movie that transcends its role as pure entertainment to become something genuinely cathartic, even therapeutic, giving children a symbolic language with which to manage their unruliest emotions.” I’m already feeling feelings and I haven’t even seen the damn movie yet!
- Saturday, October 24th • 2:00 PM (box office opens at 1:30 PM)
- Byrd Theatre, 2908 W. Cary Street
A bounce house, games, a straw maze, food from Firehouse BBQ, and a visit from WebstUR, University of Richmond’s mascot who, as a spider, happens to be the most Halloween-y mascot of all! How many institutes of higher education can make that claim? Whatcha got now, Rams?!?
- Sunday, October 25th • 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Westhampton Green, University of Richmond
- Free (but please bring donation for FeedMore!)
You had me at “Richmond Indigenous Gourd Orchestra,” Lewis Ginter…you had me at “Richmond Indigenous Gourd Orchestra.”
- Sunday, October 25th • 1:00 — 4:00 PM
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, 1800 Lakeside Avenue
- Free with admission ($12 for adults; $8 for kids ages 3 to 12; free for members and kids 2 and under)
- Northside/Bestside! ↩