When writing about one of this week’s events, Valerie Catrow actually got choked up because of how cute it’s going to be. Can you guess which one?
Photo by: Sonny Side Up!
Confession: I know very little about Filipino culture. Which is why I should go to this. If you’re in the same boat, you should go, too. In addition to getting the chance to try legit Filipino cuisine, you’ll also be able to enjoy traditional Filipino dance, music, and art.
- Friday, August 7th • 5:00-10:00 PM and Saturday, August 8th • 10:00 AM-10:00 PM
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 8200 Woodman Road
- Free admission
August 8th is National Bowling Day! Because sure! Get one free game of bowling with shoes.
- Saturday, August 8th • 9:00-11:00 AM
- Uptown Alley, 6101 Brad McNeer Parkway
Rising kindergarteners will get a chance to practice getting on and off a school bus, learn all about bus safety, and get a free pack of crayons. This…I’m crying a little bit as I write this? So cute.
- Saturday, August 8th • 10:00 AM
- Dumbarton Library, 6800 Staples Mill Road
It’s time your kids understand the origin of most things you say. Or it’s time your kids understand the origin of most things I say. Either way, this is a no-brainer. Go.
- Saturday, August 8th and Sunday, August 9th • 11:00 AM (doors open at 10:30 AM)
- Movieland, 1301 N. Boulevard
The Watermelon Festival typically ends up falling on the Hell Mouthiest day of the summer, but I’ve got good news for you: the high on Sunday is only 85 degrees! Come out and celebrate–with over 100,000 of your fellow Richmond-area residents!
- Sunday, August 9th • 10:00 AM-6:00 PM
- Free admission