A bit of a hodgepodge this weekend, but in a really good way.
Photo by: HarshLight
Let me just drop some names for you: Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Cinderella, Ariel, Rapunzel, Snow White, Tiana, Anna, Elsa, annnnd Olaf. Also: sing-a-longs! Yeah, get on this, Mom and/or Pop.
- Thursday, September 10th through Sunday, September 13th • see website for showtimes
- Richmond Coliseum, 601 E. Leigh Street
- $22 and up
Honor those who were lost or injured in the terrorist attacks on September 11th, 2001. The ceremony will include a bell chiming and an Old Glory ritual.
- Friday, September 11th • 1:00 PM
- Virginia War Memorial, 621 S. Belvidere Street
According to the RVA Peace Festival’s website, this event “aims to build community and understanding in the Richmond area.” After the year we’ve had, we could all use heaping helpings of both of those. Expect music, arts and crafts, fun stuff for the kids, and (I hope) the chance to take a nice, deep breath.
- Saturday, September 12th • 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- 7th St. Christian Church, 4101 Grove Avenue
Sponsored by Accordion Renaissance and Richmond Virginia Accordion Club, this concert will feature 15 (FIFTEEN!) accordion performances. My prediction: a hoot.
- Saturday, September 12th • 1:00 PM
- Byrd Theater, 2908 W. Cary Street
- $10 at the door
Sunday is National Grandparents Day (so says the Internet, anyway), and Henrico County Parks and Rec thinks the best way to celebrate is by spending the day playing lawn games and partaking in “19th century fun.” And I’m inclined to agree with them. Roll out the hoops!
- Sunday, September 13th • 2:00 – 4:00 PM
- Walkerton Tavern, 2892 Mountain Road