I say, you do, no questions.
Photo by: spakattacks
Because there comes a time in every child’s life when he or she must be introduced to this song:
Also: The Crane Kick.
Also also: Ralph Macchio #hearteyesemoji.
- Friday, July 10th • 2:00 – 4:00 PM
- Westover Hills Library, 1408 Westover Hills Boulevard
- Free (children must be accompanied by an adult)
In the great green room there was a telephone, and a red balloon, and a picture of…the cow jumping over the moon.
How many of you are getting choked up just thinking about reading Margaret Wise Brown’s classic, Goodnight Moon, to your babies? Well, Virginia Rep’s Children’s Theatre of Virginia is giving you the chance to see the book come to life right in front of your tear-brimmed eyes!
- Friday, July 10th through Sunday, August 2nd • Morning, afternoon, and evening performances available; see website for details
- The Children’s Theatre at Willow Lawn, 1601 Willow Lawn Drive
Hanover tomato-centric food, live music, activities for the kids, a petting zoo, over 20 vendors and…wait for it…the crowning of Little Miss Tomato AND Tiny Miss Tomato. I…I think I died from cute?
- Saturday, July 11th • 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Pole Green Park, 8996 Pole Green Park Lane
- Free admission
This tour promises a “leisurely exploration of the Byrd Park and Carillon area, including the Pump House.” I would never describe any bike ride with my kid as “leisurely,” but perhaps the sure-to-be-impressive expertise of the Valentine Richmond History Center tour guide would get him to calm the mess down.
- Saturday, July 11th • 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Meet at the Christopher Columbus Statue, south end of Boulevard
- $15; $5 for members and kids under 12 (all participants must provide their own bicycles and protective gear)
You bet your sweet bippy it’ll be mania. Moon bounces in all shapes and sizes for SIX HOURS?! At least you’re pretty much guaranteed to get a good nap out of those kids afterwards. God love you, Children’s Museum of Richmond.
- Saturday, July 11th • 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- CMoR Central, 2626 W. Broad Street • CMoR Chesterfield, 6629 Lake Harbour Drive
- Free with museum admission ($8 for kids 1 and older; free for members and kids under 1)