Pirates, pi, pups, pictures, and a palooza? Perfection.
Ahoy, ye land lubbers! Get yerselfs to this musical adaptation of the Robert Louis Stevenson classic, or ye’ll be walkin’ tha plank! Or swabbin’ tha deck, at the very least.
- Friday, March 13th through Sunday, April 19th • morning, afternoon, and evening shows available; see website for performance times
- Children’s Theatre at Willow Lawn, 1601 Willow Lawn Drive
- $18 (recommended for ages 6 and up)
2. Pi Day
The Science Museum of Virginia invites you and yours to help celebrate 3.14.15 at 9:26am1 with “a circular feast” provided by Relay Foods. Special demonstrations will also take place throughout the day to make sure you have “an irrationally fun day!” Nerds are the best.
- Saturday, March 14th • 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Science Museum of Virginia, 2500 W. Broad Street
- See website for pricing options and packages
See police and rescue dogs in action as the Virginia War Memorial and Hanover Hounds Search & Rescue host this family-friendly tribute to our country’s canine heroes. Four-legged reps from Fort Lee, the Richmond Police Department, and Virginia Capitol Police will also be on hand (on paw?) for live demonstrations.
- Saturday, March 14th &bull 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Virginia War Memorial, 621 S. Belvidere Street
Only a few weeks until a giant rabbit comes into your house to hide eggs and leave your kids baskets full of treats! Better get the wee ones over to see him so…wait, do kids ask the Easter Bunny for things? We don’t “do” the Easter Bunny at our house, so I’m not sure how it all works, but you’ll get some cute pictures, probably.
- Saturday, March 14th through Saturday, April 4th • mall opens at 10:00 AM
- Short Pump Town Center, 11800 W. Broad Street
- Free admission, pictures will cost you
Irish dancing, a petting zoo, photo booths, moon bounces, pony rides, live music, and a flippin’ hot air balloon! WHAT. Also, be sure to cheer on the men and women who will get their heads shaved on stage to support St. Baldrick’s Foundation’s work to raise money for childhood cancer research.
Photo by: Jos Dielis
- Saturday, March 15th • 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Insbrook Pavilion, 4951 Lake Brook Drive
- Free admission