Long weekend coming up. Let’s make the most of it.
Unfortunately, bullying is part of pretty much everyone’s experience in school–either as the bullied, the bully, or a witness of the bully bullying the bullied. Learn about the signs and myths of bullying and get information on how to take a proactive approach in discussing this issue with your kids.
- Wednesday, January 14th • 6:30- 8:00 PM
- CMoR Central, 2626 W. Broad Street
Celebrate the birthday of A.A. Mine–the man who brought us that chubby little cub all stuffed with fluff–with a special story time, snacks, and activities. For kids ages 3 to 11 (with an adult). Please call 804-646-6675 to register.
- Friday, January 16th • 4:00 PM
- North Avenue Library, 2901 North Avenue
Hans Christian Anderson’s classic tale with a few modern twists, all presented via a short opera.
- Saturday, January 17th • 10:00 AM
- Gottwald Playhouse at CenterStage, 600 E. Grace Street
- $10 for adults; $6 for kids
Fortune and glory, kid(s). Fortune and glory.
- Saturday, January 17th & Sunday, January 18th • 11:00 AM (doors open at 10:30 AM)
- Movieland, 1301 N. Boulevard
Help the kids remember why they don’t have school on Monday by taking part in the MLK National Day of Service. If you don’t have a service project in mind, check out HandsOn Greater Richmond’s database; you can even filter your search to opportunities for those appropriate for your young volunteers.
- Monday, January 19th • all day long
- All over town
- All it will cost is a little bit of your time
Photo by: eamathe