ELSA IS COMMMMIIIIIIIIIING! Oh and some other stuff is happening, too, I hear.
ELSA! I KNOW HER! I KNOW HERRRRRRRR!
- Thursday, September 18th through Monday, September 22nd • show times vary; see website for details
- Richmond Coliseum, 601 E. Leigh Street
Weather’s changing. Thankfully, we all have this epic consignment sale to help us outfit our never-not-growing kids without landing the fam in the poor house.
- Saturday, September 20th • 7:30 AM — 12:00 PM; return from 1:00 — 4:00 PM for the half-priced sale
- Christ Church Episcopal, 5000 Pouncey Tract Road
- Free admission
It’s battle of the bands…marching bands that is. J.R. Tucker High School’s Marching Tigers play host to more than 20 high school bands for a full day of performances. I feel confident in saying that most young kids will find this to be absolutely delightful.
- Saturday, September 20th • 9:00 AM — 4:00 PM
- J.R. Tucker High School, 2910 N. Parham Road
- Free admission (concessions will be available for purchase)
Slip on those running shoes and help support Agriculture in the Classroom, an organization dedicated to teaching Virginia’s children about the importance of agriculture. The kids’ 1K fun run will kick things off, followed by a 5K for adults. Once you cross that finish line, stick around for the after-party and enjoy food, live music, and beer from Center of the Universe Brewing Company.
- Saturday, September 20th • 4:00 — 7:00 PM
- Virginia Farm Bureau Building, 12580 West Creek Boulevard
- $20 until September 18th; walk-up registration is $30 (kids’ run is free)
Bring the kiddos (both of the two-legged and four-legged variety) down to Brown’s Island for an afternoon of food trucks, live music, beer, and performances from The Olate Dogs, 2012 winners of America’s Got Talent.
- Sunday, September 21st • 11:00 AM — 6:00 PM
- Brown’s Island, 7th and Tredegar Streets
- $5 in advance; $10 at the door (benefits Richmond SPCA)
Photo by: thethreesisters