Oh hey there, September. Could you quit it with the surface-of-the-sun temperatures so we can get out and do all this awesome stuff happening in Richmond?
Now that the big kids are back in school, you might be scrambling for ways to keep the babies occupied. Come by Melody Music this morning and try one of their toddler music classes on for size–just make sure you register before heading over because space is limited.
- Wednesday, September 3rd • 10:30 — 11:10 AM for ages 1 1/2 to 4 years; 11:20 AM — 12:00 PM for 0 to 18 months
- Melody Music, 3041 Lauderdale Drive
The Visual Arts Center of Richmond has a great, just-for-kids sampler lined up for this Friday. Children ages six to nine will get to work with a variety of media–wire, clay, fabric, paint, and so on–and take home their very own work of art.
- Friday, September 5th • 6:00 — 7:15 PM (session 1) and 7:30 — 8:45 PM (session 2)
- Visual Arts Center of Richmond, 1812 W. Main Street
- $10 per child
It’s race weekend in Richmond! If you’re looking for a way to introduce your kids to the force that is NASCAR, the Virginia529 Savings 250 is a great choice because 1) it’s not as long and 2) kids under 12 get in for free.
- Friday, September 6th • 6:00 — 9:00 PM
- Richmond International Raceway, 600 E. Laburnum Avenue
- $30-$40; free for kids under 12 (see website for details)
Help the Modlin Center for the Arts celebrate the start of the 2014-2015 season with an all brass blowout. No BS! Brass will kick things off, followed by Slavic Soul Party, Red Baraat, and Rebirth Brass Band. Food trucks from Carytown Burgers and Fries, Soul-Ice, and Mosaic will be on hand to keep the troops fed. Bring lawn chairs, picnic blankets, and those dancing shoes.
- Sunday, September 7th • 12:00 PM
- Westhampton Green (in front of Booker Hall of Music, University of Richmond
- $17-$34 (see website for details)
Sunday is National Grandparents Day, so bring the whole fam out to Deep Run Park and spend the afternoon doing what every Grammy and Pop-Pop loves: crafts, lawn games…and Wii? Sure.
- Sunday, September 7th • 1:00 — 3:00 PM
- Deep Run Park, 9910 Ridgefield Parkway
Photo courtesy of: No BS!