I know what you’re thinking: Let’s just keep things low-key this weekend. We’re all still pretty tired from last week’s festivities. Well, pish-posh to that, I say. Richmond’s upcoming haps are too good to pass up. Rally the troops and get in on this stuff!
Maymont ain’t the only farm experience in this town. Head on out to Meadow Farm Museum for hands-on activities with a different animal each week.
- Every Thursday, July 10th through August 14th • 12:30 — 3:30 PM
- Meadow Farm Museum, 3400 Mountain Glen Road
Scavenger hunts? Prizes? Decoding secret messages? Writing with invisible ink? Yes, please, and thank you, Museum of the Confederacy.
- Friday, July 11th • 10:00 AM — 4:00 PM
- Museum of the Confederacy, 1201 E. Clay Street
- Free with museum admission ($6-$10)
3. Go, Dog, Go!
Chances are you and your kids have this P.D Eastman classic memorized forwards and backwards, so why not take your love for this beloved easy-reader to the next level? With slapstick humor and fun musical numbers, this production from Children’s Theatre of Virginia is sure to be fun for the whole fam.
- Friday, July 11th through Sunday, August 3rd • see website for show times
- Children’s Theatre of Virginia at Willow Lawn, 1601 Willow Lawn Drive
You know what goes really well with an end-of-the-week cupcake? Beer, wine, or a glass of Prosecco. I mean for you, of course; the kids can stick with milk. This Friday, Carytown Cupcakes will celebrate its new limited mixed beverage license by pairing Chardonnay with a Cadillac cupcake and Bolle Felici Prosecco with a Raspberry and Prosecco cupcake. Hardywood and Devil’s Backbone craft beers and Blue Bee Cider will also be available, along with red and white wines.
- Friday, July 11th • 5:00 — 7:00 PM
- Carytown Cupcakes, 3111 W. Cary Street
- Enjoy a complimentary savory cupcake
Music, food, and children’s activities, all to celebrate the most non-fruity of fruits: the tomato.
- Saturday, July 12th • 9:00 AM — 4:00 PM
- Pole Green Park, 8996 Pole Green Park Lane
- Free admission
Photo by: ralph and jenny