School’s out! Dad’s awesome! Let’s celebrate, Richmond!
Everyone loves No BS!, but their night owl ways typically don’t lend themselves to bringing the kiddies along to a live show. Well, now is your chance! Bring blankets, lawn chairs, and everyone’s dancing shoes out to Hanover Tavern for a night of crazy-good music and family-friendly rowdiness. Food and drink from Q, Center of the Universe, Hardywood, and Legend will also be available for purchase. RVA All Day, indeed!
- Friday, June 13th • 6:00 PM — 10:00 PM
- Hanover Tavern, 13181 Hanover Courthouse Road
- $10 (kids 12 and under are free!)
Did you know it’s National Pollinator Week? Did you even know there was a National Pollinator Week? Whether this fun fact is news to you or not, come on out to Maymont and take part in the third annual Bumblebee Jamboree with crafts, storytelling, and a puppet show for the kids, as well as garden tips for the adults. They’ll have snackie samples, too!
- Saturday, June 14th • 11:00 AM — 3:00 PM
- Children’s Farm, Maymont
The City of Richmond has 10, count ’em 10, public pools available for your splishing and splashing pleasure starting this weekend and on through Labor Day. Thanks, City!
- Saturday, June 14th • 12:00 — 5:00 PM (see website for daily schedules)
- See website for locations
Richmond Public Library’s summer reading program, “Fizz Boom READ”, kicks off on Saturday with celebrations at branches all over town. Expect balloons animals, snacks, face painting, and plenty of opportunities to get the whole family signed up to read, read, read this summer.
- Saturday, June 14th • times vary by location
- See website for participating locations
Fresh Dixie Donuts, an amazing menu courtesy of Yellow Umbrella, and 25 beers on tap. That’ll show Dad you love him.
- Sunday, June 15th • 12:00 — 7:00 PM
- Strangeways Brewing, 2277A Dabney Road
- Free admission; bring money for food and booze
Photo courtesy of: No BS!