5 Things for Families
Monday marks the unofficial beginning of summer, so quit messin’ around. Time to get out and do some stuff.
1. Cool Ways to Respond to the Hot Buttons Your Preschooler Pushes
OK this isn’t exactly a “summery” event, but it will serve you well in preparing yourself for the impending increase of family togetherness that comes with local preschools closing up shop for the season. This workshop will offer ideas for dealing with your wee poppet when he and acts like a fool. Constructive ideas. Like other than complaining on Twitter as you hide in the pantry spitefully eating the leftover Easter candy he’s forgotten about. Not that I’ve ever done those things.
- Wednesday, May 21st &bull 6:00 — 8:00 PM
- Children’s Museum of Richmond-Central, 2626 W. Broad Street
- $30 (register here)
2. Fun Bus
Fun Bus Alert! Fun Bus Alert! Bring your kids (ages 2 to 7) and let them jump, roll, and dance riiiiiight on into nap time.
- Saturday, May 24th • 11:00 AM — 12:00 PM
- Belmont Library, 3100 Ellwood Avenue
3. Lawn Chair Movie Series: Clueless
Should you happen to have a tween or teen who you’ve yet to introduce to this Amy Heckerling classic, what better way to do so than while sitting in lawn chairs in the parking lot of Quirk Gallery, noshing on some snacks? Also: apparently there’s a costume contest involved. Just putting that out there.
- Saturday, May 24th • movie starts at sundown
- Quirk Gallery, 311 W. Broad Street
- Free admission
4. Family Volunteer Day at Lewis Ginter
If you’re like most local families, you and your wee ones have probably spent many a summer morning (and afternoon…and evening…) traipsing through the Children’s Garden at Lewis Ginter. Now is your chance to show this Richmond fave a little love.
- Sunday, May 25th • 9:00 — 11:00 AM
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, 1800 Lakeside Avenue
- Free (pre-registration is required)
5. Memorial Day at Virginia War Memorial
Teach the kids (or remind them) why they aren’t in school on Monday. This event will include a guest speaker, patriotic music, wreath laying, and the playing of TAPS.
- Monday, May 26th • 10:00 — 11:00 AM
- Virginia War Memorial,, 621 S. Belvidere Street
Photo by: kellinahandbasket
Report an error
Subscribe to our
There are no reader comments. Add yours.