One of this weekend’s events involves Tang. If that doesn’t get your attention, well, I’m just not sure what to do with you.
I know, it’s not necessarily a fun activity, but it’s an important one that I don’t want you to forget. Kids who will be five years old by September 30th of this year are eligible to enter kindergarten in the fall. You’ll need: your child’s certified original birth certificate; your child’s social security number; the parent’s or guardian’s photo ID; proof of residency; and a completed School Entrance Health form.
- Thursday, April 10th • check with your school/school system for hours
- The school where your soon-to-be kindergartener will attend
To me, the Flyings Squirrels’ return marks the official end to the ass kicking that the Winter of 2014 gave us. We made it, guys. Time to watch minor league baseball, enjoy beer and snacktreats, and lose our collective sh*t whenever we spot Nutzy.
- Thursday, April 10th • 6:35 PM
- The Diamond, 3001 N. Boulevard
- $7 for General Admission
Enjoy a fun two-mile walk as a family as you help raise funds for kids hoping to find permanent, adoptive homes. All money raised will support the services of coordinators2inc–particularly its program dedicated to recruiting and preparing parents to adopt children waiting in the Virginia foster care system. Participants are encouraged to raise sponsor money. In addition to the walk, there will be music, face painting, bounce houses, and prizes for the top earning walkers.
- Saturday, April 12th • 9:00 — 11:00 AM (day-of registration starts at 8:30 AM)
- RUT Gym at Benedictine, 304 N. Sheppard Street
- $25 for adults; kids under 18 are free (but don’t forget that sponsor money!)
Oh just some baby chicks, baby goats, baby rabbits, baby lambs, and other baby animals for you (and maybe your own baby) to squee over.
- Saturday, April 12th through Saturday, April 19th • 11:00 AM — 5:00 PM
- Short Pump Towne Center’s Main Plaza, 11800 W. Broad Street
5. Yuri’s Night
On April 12th, 1961, Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin became the first human to journey into space and orbit the Earth. Join fellow space-enthusiasts for an evening of pizza, door prizes, Tang (!), and space-related crafts, books, and documentaries to commemorate his historic flight.
- Saturday, April 12th • 7:00 PM
- Westover Hills library, 1408 Westover Hills Boulevard
Photo by: pennuja