Well, hello there, Mr. Sun. Nice of you to join us. (PLEASE STAY, OMG PLEASE STAY, WE NEED TO LET OUR CHILDREN REVEL IN YOU.)
Spring has sprung (like for real..we think), so Lewis Ginter is basically the place to be as much as possible until it gets cold again. Celebrate the garden’s 30th year by soaking up (and filling your Instagram feed with) the millions of blooms it has to offer. This Saturday you’ll also get the chance to check out the Virginia Daffodil Society Show in the Education and Library Complex.
- Runs through June 1st • 9:00 AM — 5:00 PM
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, 1800 Lakeside Avenue
- Free with admission ($11 for adults; $7 for kids; children under 3 are free)
Continue soaking up the springtime goodness with a free tour of Lavender Fields Herb Farm, located on 21 acres bordered by the Chickahominy River. Explore the greenhouse area, learn about the farm’s history, check out the bee hives (from afar), and finish things off with a free serving of gourmet ice cream made on-site.
- Every Friday, Saturday, and Monday through June • 12:00 PM
- Lavender Fields Herb Farm Tour, 11300 Winfrey Road
If your teens (or you!) haven’t yet experienced the magic of Audrey Hepburn singing “Moon River” on a fire escape (and the various other lovely and charming moments of this 1961 classic), now’s your chance. And on the super-cheap, no less!
- Friday, April 4th • 7:00 PM and Saturday, April 5th • 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM
- Henrico Theatre, 305 E. Nine Mile Road
Pack the kids up and head over to Uptown Alley in Midlothian for an afternoon of bounce houses, face painting, a dunking booth, balloon animals, live music, and (of course) bowling.
- Saturday, April 5th • 11:00 AM
- Uptown Alley, 6101 Brad McNeer Parkway
- See website for pricing; drink and menu specials will be available
College basketball in RVA is over, so we’ve got to find something to do with all our hometown sports enthusiasm (at least until the Squirrels hit the field next week). Watch the Richmond Kickers take on the Pittsburgh Riverhounds in their home opener. Be sure to come early to partake in a little live music and some fine food truck fare.
- Saturday, April 5th • 5:00 PM (gates open at 4:00 PM)
- City Stadium, 3201 Maplewood Avenue
- $7-$12 ($36 for a season pass)