You’re about to be super annoyed that there are so many fun things to do, yet still–in 2015, even–we do not have the technology to be multiple places at once.
It’s that time of semi-year again! Hope you made your reservation for this weekend, because you could be getting the DEAL OF THE SIXMONTH! Just under $30 (well, to be fair, $36+ with tip). Dozens of restaurants participate with a prix-fixe menu to make your mouthwater (we’ve gone ahead and compiled those for you).
- Through Sunday, April 26th • at the reservation time you can get
- Participating restaurants
- $29.15 per person ($4.15 will go to FeedMore)
Because I am a product of a head-in-the-clouds runaway-imagination romantic and a hard-facts, start-a-folder-for-everything stoic, I was brought up to adore, admire, and respect at Gilbert and Sullivan. One, for their hilarity and whimsy. Two, for their attention to detail. And three, because musicals cannot take themselves too seriously, otherwise they are fair game for mockery. G&S hit all the right spots with both timeless comedy and artistry.
- Friday, May 24th – Saturday, May 25th • 7:30 and 4:30 PM, respectively
- Singleton Center for the Performing Arts, Sonia Vlahcevic Concert Hall, 922 Park Avenue
- $10 in advance, $15 at the door
This press release caught my eye several weeks ago, and I’ve saved it–just as one might save a delicately pressed flower–to look back upon fondly. And now we can see the real thing! Pressed flower artist (in that she makes incredible art out of pressed flowers, not that she is a flower artist who has been pressed) Amanda McCauley presents a very personal pop-up show, brought all the way from L.A. to her parents’ old (and vacant) apartment in the illustrious Prestwould on Franklin. Her show addresses her own family history with Alzheimers and many of her memories. If you have a problem finding an outlet for your nostalgia and respect someone who has pulled it off in an incredibly beautiful and creative way, make an appointment this minute!
- Friday, April 24th – Saturday, April 25th • email to set up an appointment
- The Prestwould, 612 W. Franklin Street, Apartment 7A
- Free to attend!
The coolest event at the coolest place in Richmond, Virginia (see “product of dreamy nerd” bit above). See some acrobatics, play some games, enjoy Agecroft in the springtime (that herb garden!). Oh, and btw, WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE. NO BIG DEAL EXCEPT THE BIGGEST OF ALL DEALS.
- Saturday, April 25th • 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Agecroft Hall, 4305 Sulgrave Road
- Outdoor activities are free, house tours are regular rate
One gripe I had about the French Film Festival was that no one was walking around, offering me croissants. Well, I’m betting that at the French Food Festival, no one will be walking around, offering me Godard, but that’s OK. I’ve had the films, now time for the food. This year includes a Cajun chef! This is great news for my lower lip, which has been protruding in a pronounced pout ever since I returned from New Orleans a couple of days ago. Bon appétit! Laissez les bon temps rouler!
- Saturday, April 25th • 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Little Sisters of the Poor, 1503 Michaels Road
- Voluntary suggested donation of $2 for entry, food’ll cost ya inside
Photo by: Ann@74