Much crafting and craft beers and craft, uh…street performing, dancing, and folk music? This weekend is crafty, and it’s just my type!
Family-oriented? Check out 5 Things for Families. You won’t be sorry, and you won’t miss naptime.
No bees, no humans. Know bees, know humans. No, it actually kind of makes sense! In that, without bees’ crucial role in our ecosystem, we will be kaput. The Latin Ballet of Virginia has a new production that addresses JUST THAT through the magic of music, the sounds of nature, and, of course dance. I strongly recommend visiting the site and looking at the photos, as they will convince you that whatever else you had planned this weekend does not sound even remotely cool enough.
- Thursday, April 3rd – Sunday, April 6th • see site for times
- The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen, 2880 Mountain Road
- $20 with discounts available
The Biz Baz is NOT, repeat, NOT just for Christmastimes. Their spring show brings all of the great crafts from all of the great craftersons that you expect from this age-old, monstrously popular craft extravaganza. Think home and garden, and also a bunch of other stuff. Because you, yours, and your home all deserve to look awesome no matter what time of year it is. You heard me, Christmas.
- Through March 30th • see sites for times and dates
- Richmond Raceway Complex, 600 E. Laburnum Avenue
Street performers are one of the coolest things about city life. Talent on every corner! Dollar bills in guitar cases! This event celebrates this grand tradition by pitting 20 street performing acts against each other. Whoever gets the most of those dollar bills wins! Our write-up has more info!
- Friday, April 4th – Saturday, April 5th • 6:00 – 10:00 PM
- Moore’s Auto Body and Paint Shop, 401 W. Broad Street
Biz Baz not your thing? Or is the Biz Baz your thing AND you simply cannot get enough of crafts? The Spring Bada-Bing is for you. Put on annually by the Richmond Craft Mafia, this indie artisan showcase gives you a different perspective into the world of People Who Make Things Better Than I Can. Plus, you can drink some delicious Hardywood beer while you’re at it.
- Saturday, April 5th • 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, 2408 Ownby Lane
Folk sensation Leo Kottke and all-around sensation Loudon Wainwright III join forces this Saturday at the Modlin Center for an evening of exceptional music. Guys, these are Grammy winners, soundtrack stars, and generally Important Dudes, and I suggest you figure out a way to get there and have your mind blown.
- Saturday, April 5th • 7:30 PM
- Camp Concert Hall, Modlin Center for the Arts, University of Richmond, 28 Westhampton Way
- $36 with discounts available
- Civil War & Emancipation Day • Saturday, April 12th
Photo by: JNR821