Where to watch fireworks
Nothing tops explosives for celebrating the birth of our nation, so don’t miss out this year!
New here? Take a minute and subscribe to a couple of our email newsletters. They’ll help you stay informed on all things RVA!Fill out my online form.
— ∮∮∮ —
Nothing tops explosives for celebrating the birth of our nation, so don’t miss out this year! Here’s a giant list of where you can watch the rockets’ red glare.
Fireworks on the James
- July 3rd • 9:15 PM
- Brown’s Island
Fireworks and the Flying Squirrels
- July 4th, 6:35 PM, July 5th and 6th, 7:05 PM
- The Diamond, 3001 N. Boulevard
- $7 – $11
Fireworks at Dogwood Dell
- July 4th • 5:30 PM
- Dogwood Dell, 700 Blanton Avenue
King’s Dominion Military Days
- July 3rd and 4th
- King’s Dominion, 16000 Theme Park Way – Doswell, VA
- FREE Admission to active, inactive, or retired military personnel with ID
Genworth Independence Day Concert
- July 3rd • 6:30 PM
- Genworth Financial’s World Headquarters, 6620 W. Broad Street
Powhatan Independence Day Celebration
- June 30th • 5:00 PM
- Jacques Gits, 2693 Rocky Oak Road – Powhatan, VA
- $20 per car, $15 with canned food donation
Racing to the Stars and Stripes
- July 4th • 5pm – 8:45pm. Fireworks at 9:30
- Colonial Downs, 10515 Colonial Downs Parkway – New Kent, VA
- See website for available price packages
Chesterfield County July 4th Celebration
- July 4th • 5pm – 9pm
- Chesterfield County Fairgrounds, 10300 Courthouse Road, Chesterfield, VA
Colonial Heights Fireworks
- July 4th • 9pm
- K-Mart and Walmart parking areas, 116 Southgate Square
Busch Gardens IllumiNights
- July 1st – August 19th • fireworks at 9:30pm
- Busch Gardens – Williamsburg, VA
- $66.99 adult, $56.99 child
Goochland County Fireworks
- July 4th • 9pm – 10pm
- Goochland Sports Complex, 1800 Sandy Hook Road – Goochland, VA
- July 4th • 5pm – 11pm
- Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, 2408 Ownby Lane
- FREE admittance
photo by Mel Kobran
Report an error
Subscribe to our
Notice: Comments that are not conducive to an interesting and thoughtful conversation may be removed at the editor’s discretion.
Forgot Rockett’s Red Glare
hey you doing today
What time do they actually fire the fireworks at the Squirrels games?
I heard Colonial Hieghts has canceled till saturday So check before you go.
Came from Texas to see Fireworks on James – who knew you’d have them on the 3rd. Missed it, July 4th is Independence Day to most of us. Won’t be coming back.