Friday is officially don’t eat at home day.
Yes, I know it’s hot…but you gotta eat, right? ;-)
Join us Friday night in the Woodland Heights Baptist Church parking lot (611 W. 31st St.). Come set up at a table, or bring a blanket and/or lawn chairs and spread out on the lawn…or grab your dinner to go… The Food Trucks will open for business at 5:30 and remain until 8:30.
Here are the trucks scheduled for June 26:
- Gyro Kabab King (“Fresh Arab/Middle Eastern Food: Beef Steak, Kushary, Shawarm, Baklava”)
- Happy Empanada (Serving gourmet empanadas and authentic Panamanian and Latin American cuisine)
- Sammich (Paninis, various sides, and house-made ice cream)
- Boardwalk (“Best Hot Dog on Wheels”)
…and for dessert,
- Gelati Celesti Ice Cream (Local ice cream serving Richmond and beyond since 1984! 100+ flavors we’re bound to find and make you happy!)
It’s always a great time at Food Truck Fridays!
We will have a collection box for non-perishable food donations to our Food Closet, which serves an average of about 40-45 of our neighbors in need (from 23224 or 23225 zip codes) each week. If you would like, bring a can or two of fruit or vegetables, or a jar of peanut butter, or … Questions about the Food Closet? Email me or ask around on Friday night. We have greatly appreciated those of you who have dropped off some food for this worthy cause.
Remember: Please, no alcoholic beverages on the church property.