On Sat., Oct. 18, Binford Middle School will hold a Rally for the Rain Garden! Plans have been in the works for a long time to create a rain garden behind Binford Middle School at 1701 Floyd Ave. (in the Fan). The garden will be planted in the back of the parking lot behind the school, […]
On Sat., Oct. 18, Binford Middle School will hold a Rally for the Rain Garden!
Plans have been in the works for a long time to create a rain garden behind Binford Middle School at 1701 Floyd Ave. (in the Fan). The garden will be planted in the back of the parking lot behind the school, along the boarder with Main St.
All details are available on the new Binford PTA website, which may be the easiest way for folks to learn about everything happening that day. The website is at:
Here are the basics, though:
On Sat., Oct. 18, we will launch the long awaited rain garden. To celebrate, we will be having the Rally for the Rain Garden, where we will:
- begin planting the garden
- create a community art project of stepping stones for the garden
- hold a plant swap for all the green-thumbs in the community
- have a yard sale for the bargain hunters
- have food for purchase
- have a cell phone, inkjet cartridge & white office paper recycling drop off project
Our needs for the day include volunteers (anytime from 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.) to:
- help plant the plants
- staff the plant swap table
- staff a membership/t-shirt sales table
- serve and sell food
- monitor the recycling drop off area
We also need folks who:
- want to participate in the plant swap by bringing their extra plants and maybe taking home something new from someone else
- can donate pasta salad for us to sell or loan coolers to use for the day
- want to rent space for a yard sale behind the school ($15 per space)
- can bring used cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and white office paper for recycling
We would love to have as many community members as possible join the parents, students and teachers in making the Rally for the Rain Garden a huge success. Here are the contacts for the various way to get involved:
Volunteering: Ruth Anne Young, 230-1626, email@example.com
Reserving Yard Sale Space: Vicki Bradley, 228-3795 or 274-0122.
Donating food/loaning coolers: Valerie Robinson, 562-9935
Participating in the plant swap: Linda Gabbert, 231-7688 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the recycling project: Karen Jordan, 922-9304
Here’s a chance to help one of Richmond’s Middle Schools with an exciting project. Thanks for supporting one of Richmond’s Public Schools!
– The information above was provided by Ruth Anne Young