My fake (or non-fake, depending on the elasticity of your imagination) questions will be a conduit for your Richmond insight, your general cleverness, and an experiment in user-generated content.
All right. This article might seem like a thinly-disguised way for me to take some pounds off my taxing work load but I swear! I swear it’s not. See here was the plan. I was going to craft asinine, smart alec-y questions as launching pads for my equally asinine and smart alec-y answers. But then I realized that I cohabitate with my inborn asshole-ness all the time, and there’s no reason to spend an entire morning indulging it. INSTEAD, I will leave the smart comments up to you.
My fake (or non-fake, depending on the elasticity of your imagination) questions will be a conduit for your Richmond insight, your general cleverness, and an experiment in user-generated content. Some of these questions could, if the wind blows correctly, facilitate genuine dialogue which, of course, would be amazing. Others are, well, less serious. Keep in mind, these questions were sent to (or for you cynics “created by”) me SO they have a certain bent. Instead of generalizing these, I thought I’d keep them personalized for MattWhite, and hopefully Matthew McDonald will tell us what his favorite horn/combination of two horns is. Anyhow, supposing I don’t get fired “because of the economy”/writing not-so-great articles maybe we will try this again.
- What is in your CD player/tape player/iPod playlist/record player right now.
- What band has the hottest chick or dude?
- Which Richmond venue has the worst visual identity?
- What are my options for going to see live music in Richmond?
- If the Richmond music scene were a dog what would it be?
- Which band would make the most competitive sports team?
- Whats the music history around here?
- What is the best venue in Richmond history?
- Why don’t we have a Richmond music scene fantasy draft – the different leagues are different sized bands? You can compete in the power trio league or the big band league, etc. THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA, WHY DOESN’T IT HAPPEN?
- What publication covers the Richmond music scene the best: RVANews, RVA Mag, Style Weekly, RTD, Richmond Magazine, Virginia Living?
- Why are there so many good band names here in ye ol RVA? Which do you think is the best?
- How would you describe the role of Virginia’s incredibly strict ABC laws on the Richmond music scene?
- Can you come up with a four-way rock-paper-scissors featuring Richmond bars or bands or maybe monuments? Even a normal three way rock-paper-scissors? Could the three-way one just be trombone players?
- Whats the best show you have ever seen in Richmond?
- What is your favorite horn? ALSO, what is your favorite combination of two horns?