Nominate a Richmond History Maker
The eleventh annual program recognizes five everyday citizens and outstanding organizations that are making largely unrecognized contributions to communities within the Greater Richmond Metropolitan area.
The Valentine invites any community member to nominate this year’s Richmond History Makers. The eleventh annual program recognizes five everyday citizens and outstanding organizations that are making largely unrecognized contributions to communities within the Greater Richmond Metropolitan area.
Nominations are currently being accepted through June 30. Nominations may be submitted online at RichmondHistoryMakers.com.
A committee comprised of graduates of the Leadership Metro Richmond program and previous honorees will oversee the nomination and selection process. The five honorees will be notified in early August and will be recognized at the annual Richmond History Makers Celebration on October 20 at the Valentine. The program is presented by Dominion.
Who to Nominate
Honorees may be individuals, organizations or corporations and are selected in one of five categories. Please visit RichmondHistoryMakers.com for a complete set of nomination criteria.
- Creating Quality Educational Opportunities – Nominee has enhanced educational opportunities for citizens, improved academic achievement, or ensured a safe, constructive learning environment
- Demonstrating Innovative Solutions – Nominee has demonstrated innovation and vision in making the Richmond region a better place to live, work or visit
- Encouraging Regional Collaboration – Nominee will have endeavored to bring together different entities to develop solutions that improve efficiency and effectiveness of programs across jurisdictions.
- Improving Social Justice – Nominee has showed a commitment to promoting diversity, access and opportunity for all
- Promoting Stronger Communities – Nominee has worked to address problems, develop initiatives, or made lasting improvements that result in stronger, more stable communities.
Nominees must be living, agree to publicity and be making a difference in Richmond or one of 13 surrounding counties (see nomination form for county list).
How to Nominate
Nominations will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on June 30, and may be submitted:
Online at RichmondHistoryMakers.com
By Fax (804) 643-3510
By Mail Attn: Richmond History Makers Nomination, c/o The Valentine, 1015 E. Clay Street, Richmond, VA 23219-1527
Report an error
Subscribe to our
There are no reader comments. Add yours.